Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will it fit?: noctua nh-d14 on GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2012 7:40:51 PM

Hey there,

So I recently bought some Corsair Vengeance ram ( 2x4 GB). I have been reading that the Noctua fan will block ram on some systems. I want to overclock my Phenom 1055T. Will I be able to use a Noctua d 14 cpu cooler with my GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 motherboard? I am only using two sticks, so blocking maybe the first and/ or second slot would be ok and I can just use the last two? I am not sure. I have been reading many sites and wanted to see what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Zach

Best solution

a c 91 B Homebuilt system
February 21, 2012 4:27:22 PM

That actually has more to do with the dimensions of your case than anything else. Your motherboard will support the fan fine, the only thing you need to watch out for is if you got the tall heat sinks or not.

If the dimensions of your case will support a 140mm fan on it's side then you're good to go, otherwise you might want to rethink your cooling solution.
February 22, 2012 6:00:06 PM

Yea I just ordered new ram and sent my old ones back just to be sure. The case is plenty big is the NZXT M59. If I cant fit the cover on I can just mod the window. Thx for the response.
Related resources
February 22, 2012 6:00:22 PM

Best answer selected by kcsmacker.
February 22, 2012 10:25:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!