Closed

weird problem

Hello,
we use a embedded board with a tellit GSM862 GSM Modem.
With this modem we sen SMS to some cellular phone.

One combination makes a weird problem .

SMS -> Nokia 6310 -> OK
SMS -> Nokia 6600 -> id doesn't receive any SMS from the tellit modem.

If i take the chipcard from the 6600 and put it in the 6310,
it receives the former send SMS.

From 6310 to 6600 there is no SMS Problem.

It seems, that the Nokia refuses SMS from a tellit engine.

Any Hints ?

Andreas
10 answers Last reply
More about weird problem

    Andreas Ruetten wrote:

    > Hello,
    > we use a embedded board with a tellit GSM862 GSM Modem.
    > With this modem we sen SMS to some cellular phone.
    >
    > One combination makes a weird problem .
    >
    > SMS -> Nokia 6310 -> OK
    > SMS -> Nokia 6600 -> id doesn't receive any SMS from the
    > tellit modem.
    >
    > If i take the chipcard from the 6600 and put it in the 6310,
    > it receives the former send SMS.
    >
    > From 6310 to 6600 there is no SMS Problem.
    >
    > It seems, that the Nokia refuses SMS from a tellit engine.

    What software are you using to send SMSs via the modem? Is it
    software you've written? If it means anything to you, are you
    using PDU-mode or text-mode to control the modem? If it's
    PDU-mode and your own software, can you post a generated PDU
    string with a dummy destination address? If not, do you have a
    data cable for the 6310 so that you can see what's in the
    received message headers?

    Could there be something unusual in the message headers? Are
    DCS and PID set to "00"? Is the UDHI bit or the SRR bit set?
    Can you configure any of these things?

    Does the modem receive self-sddressed SMSs OK? Because SMS is
    store-and-forward, you should always be able to do this too.

    John

    John Henderson wrote:

    > What software are you using to send SMSs via the modem? Is it
    > software you've written?
    Yes, and it runs with several network provider and cellular ( only probs
    with 6600 )
    If it means anything to you, are you
    > using PDU-mode or text-mode to control the modem?
    Text mode !
    If it's
    > PDU-mode and your own software, can you post a generated PDU
    > string with a dummy destination address? If not, do you have a
    > data cable for the 6310 so that you can see what's in the
    > received message headers?
    >
    > Could there be something unusual in the message headers? Are
    > DCS and PID set to "00"? Is the UDHI bit or the SRR bit set?
    > Can you configure any of these things?
    >
    > Does the modem receive self-sddressed SMSs OK? Because SMS is
    > store-and-forward, you should always be able to do this too.
    >
    > John

    Andreas

    Andreas Ruetten wrote:

    > If i take the chipcard from the 6600 and put it in the 6310,
    > it receives the former send SMS.

    Are the 6310 and the 6600 on the same network? If not, have you
    tried switching the 6600 off and on again while it's waiting
    for a sent SMS?

    John

    John Henderson wrote:
    > Andreas Ruetten wrote:
    >

    >>If i take the chipcard from the 6600 and put it in the 6310,
    >>it receives the former send SMS.
    >

    > Are the 6310 and the 6600 on the same network?
    Yes, they are in the same room.
    If not, have you
    > tried switching the 6600 off and on again while it's waiting
    > for a sent SMS?
    >
    > John

    Thanks

    Please feel free to check the message class parameters and the parameters
    on AT+CNMI . More about SMS on http://www.gsm-modem.de/sms.html .

    Andreas Ruetten wrote:

    > Text mode !

    What are the modem's text-mode parameters (FO, VP, PID and DCS)?
    That is to say, what does

    AT+CSMP?

    return?

    John

    Meff No via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:

    > Please feel free to check the message class parameters and the
    > parameters on AT+CNMI . More about SMS on
    > http://www.gsm-modem.de/sms.html .

    "+CNMI" is relevant to the receiving device only. Andreas would
    have to query that setting on the 6600 for the result to have
    any bearing on this problem.

    John

    Andreas Ruetten wrote:

    > Text mode !

    A further thought:

    Are you using "AT+CMGS" to send these messages? If so, how are
    you terminating the

    AT+CMGS=<da>

    command line (prior to entering the text)? You should be using
    a single <cr> character _without_ a <lf>. A common mistake is
    to use a standard end-of-line function consisting of a <cr><lf>
    pair, and the result of doing that is undefined.

    John
  9. > If i take the chipcard from the 6600 and put it in the 6310,
    > it receives the former send SMS.

    Are the 6310 and the 6600 on the same network? If not, have you
    tried switching the 6600 off and on again while it's waiting
    for a sent SMS?

    accesorios bmw
    Autodiagnosis de Coche
  10. This topic has been closed by Buwish

GSM Nokia Modem