Mr

Hi- What does it mean when someone responds to a post & suggests for that
person to make sure to back up the registry before modifying it, & to make
sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. Or
more important, how does one do this back up. Is it easy to do for even a
novice??? Should one do this periodically and save to a cd just in case one
day something gets corrupted?? thanks

Hi

Altering the Registry can be hazardous, possibly resulting in major
problems. A backup of the Registry can restore a system to working order
again. I use a small program called ERunt for both backing up and restoring
the Registry:

http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.htm

Please read the 'Detailed Information' file.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Hi- What does it mean when someone responds to a post & suggests for that
> person to make sure to back up the registry before modifying it, & to make
> sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs.
> Or
> more important, how does one do this back up. Is it easy to do for even a
> novice??? Should one do this periodically and save to a cd just in case
> one
> day something gets corrupted?? thanks

if u use spybot search and destroy, you could backup your registry.

there are a lot of this freeware in the web, find them at nonags.com

"MR" <mr@mr.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi- What does it mean when someone responds to a post & suggests for that
> person to make sure to back up the registry before modifying it, & to make
> sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs.
Or
> more important, how does one do this back up. Is it easy to do for even a
> novice??? Should one do this periodically and save to a cd just in case
one
> day something gets corrupted?? thanks

Yeah that is a Good Program there is also another good one Called Registry
Mechanic.