What is a good stable driver for Nividia Geforce GTX460

GaryJM

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I have a computer running Windows 7, 64 bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Processor 930 @ 2.80GHz (2793 MHz) with 12 GB of ram. My video card is a GeForce GTX 460 and the Driver version is 258.97 (which is a rather old version). I have not had any problems with it and was wondering if I should update the driver version. I am now burning blu rays with Cyberlink 10 Ultra and have heard that some newer driver versions increase performance. I have downloaded instructions on the new steps to replace the driver, however, I am also worried about installing some with all the problems out there. One that seemed to be stable was the 275.33. The newest one seemed to have problems.

My question is do I just leave it as it is or try some newer drivers? Any suggestions? I did it once before a long time ago and had some sound issues but I think I understand how to take care of that now. Is it worth the update? Thanks for any help. Gary.

GaryJM

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I thought I knew something about computers until I read some of the stuff in these threads. I was quite impressed with all the knowledge everyone has on this site........way above my head.

I always like to upgrade whenever possible but with all that I have been reading, I am not sure it is a good idea right now. Seems like there is always some type of problem with Nividia and their drivers. I did update it once and it was fine except I spent some time getting the sound back. I have a pretty good setup and enough ram that I think I will just leave well enough alone.