USB Device not recognised

Gallarian

Distinguished
Hey guys,

Just bought a Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 headset.

Plugged them via a USB port thinking theyd just plug'n'play, but instead I got an error bubble pop up saying 'USB Device not recognised'.

Upon clicking this bubble I was told my hardware may have malfunctioned. Ive searched the internet looking for fixes and have so far tried these:

1 - Download the headset drivers manually from Corsair (failed, cant install the drivers as it asks me to plug the headset in, but when I do, it doesnt recognise them as plugged in)

2 - Run the Windows Hardware and Device troubleshooter. (failed, couldnt find any problems with hardware or devices, or their drivers)

3 - Unplugged the PC from the power, leave for 15 mins, try again. (failed, tried again and still not recognised)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers,
Gallarian

Solution

If the other set started up fine without issues, then they may have gotten damaged during shipping. Request a RMA and hopefully you will get your new set soon

TomaTenku

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012

If the other set started up fine without issues, then they may have gotten damaged during shipping. Request a RMA and hopefully you will get your new set soon

Solution