Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB Device not recognised

Last response: in Components
June 7, 2012 4:41:15 PM

Hey guys,

Just bought a Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 headset.

Plugged them via a USB port thinking theyd just plug'n'play, but instead I got an error bubble pop up saying 'USB Device not recognised'.

Upon clicking this bubble I was told my hardware may have malfunctioned. Ive searched the internet looking for fixes and have so far tried these:

1 - Download the headset drivers manually from Corsair (failed, cant install the drivers as it asks me to plug the headset in, but when I do, it doesnt recognise them as plugged in)

2 - Run the Windows Hardware and Device troubleshooter. (failed, couldnt find any problems with hardware or devices, or their drivers)

3 - Unplugged the PC from the power, leave for 15 mins, try again. (failed, tried again and still not recognised)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers,
Gallarian

More about : usb device recognised

June 7, 2012 5:07:29 PM

Have you tried any other USB ports? I know that seems basic but sometimes, its that the port is not providing enough power and the device fails to start.
m
l
June 7, 2012 5:18:10 PM

Luckily, my brother bought an identical headset, and were delivered at the same time as mine today - just tried them and they worked first time.

Seems like I have a dodgy set :\
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 5:21:34 PM

I am waiting to hear the answer.
m
l

Best solution

June 7, 2012 6:19:22 PM

Gallarian said:
Luckily, my brother bought an identical headset, and were delivered at the same time as mine today - just tried them and they worked first time.

Seems like I have a dodgy set :\

If the other set started up fine without issues, then they may have gotten damaged during shipping. Request a RMA and hopefully you will get your new set soon
June 7, 2012 9:40:09 PM

Best answer selected by Gallarian.
m
l
!