Problem with new PSU

XMcQcX

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hi
I have recently upgraded to a Coolermaster Silent Pro M850, however now that the new PSU is installed my PC won't boot completely. The PC turn on, the HD, graphics card and all fans start spinning. however, the 4 LEDs on the motherboard stay on and theres no video on the monitor.
When I reinstalled my old psu . everything work well...
Anyone have an idea why this happen ?

Any ideas you have will be gratefully received.

My other specs are as follows -

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
I5 750 2.66GHZ 8MB Quad Core
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition
Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX
Western Digital 500gigs BLACK 32mo WD5001AALS
ULTRA LifeTime Series Pro 650W 135MM FAN ------------------> COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US

XMcQcX

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

Thanks you for the reply, very appreciated.
I just come back from the store, He tested it in another rig and the PSU seemed to be working. but when he plugged it in my pc, its doesnt work, the same symtoms as in my previous post appear, he also tried others PSU. Its weird its only seem to be working with my old PSU .
Is there a way to reset the motherboard or change something in the bios or something ?

hpdeskjet

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
This is very odd indeed. What kind of other PSUs did the people working at the store test it with? I'm not trying to doubt their ability to diagnosis your problem, but it seems odd that your computer only works with the Ultra PSU.

Here is a helpful link about resetting your BIOS:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm

Edit: When you say he tested your CM PSU and it seemed to be working, what do you mean? Was the system he tested it on similar to yours? Did it get into the OS?

XMcQcX

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I could not tell you the model of the PC and 2 others PSU he used because he was working behind the counter . but He only connected the 24 pins and the 4 pins(My CM 850W) on one cheap looking PC and some type of diagnostic screen appeared.
He was talking about "onboard video", Im not an expert so, I cant tell you much.

Thanks

hpdeskjet

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Ah okay. Well, if resetting your BIOS doesn't do anything, it sounds like you should RMA the PSU anyway since it doesn't work on your system.

Edit: I hope this isn't too late, but if you can maybe you could refund the CM PSU and get something like this:

XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $89.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207014

It's from a better PSU brand and it also has enough power to run your system.

XMcQcX

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

Right now I don't know what to do, If I want to get refund or trade it I will lose 25% because they confirmed that it worked during the "quick diagnosis".They have this shitty return and exchange Policy but they always have the lowest prices.

I can also let them diagnosis the problem completely for 25$.
but I think I will keep it anyway to use in my next build.

The reviews on my mobo are bad, This is perhaps the source of the problem.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

Didnt try the Bios reset yet, I'll let you know the results of the final diagnosis.

Thanks again for everything.