cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
For some reason my new computer isn't playing skyrim and dead island on maximum settings without a choppy framerate... I don't know if it's the games or something with my new build, Here are the specs...
------------------------
Windows 7 64bit
Amd Fx 8150 Eight Core Processor 3.61 ghz
8GB of ddr3 ram
Asus Sabertooth 990fx motherboard
1 OCZ 120GB SSD
2 raided 320GB hdd's with an rpm of 7200
and 1 HD Diamond 5970
------------------------

Can you overclock your CPU? FX-8150 are meant to be overclocked and at base setting they are I think known to bottleneck.

Another thing you should do is, try updating to the latest drivers. Because I think I heard that old drivers are buggy in new games.

Hope this helps, and you have a nice system over there :lol: .

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Yeah I heard they were coming out with a cpu patch that would make it work 7% percent more efficiently, which is pretty substantial. The thing is that I'm confident that it's a video card problem even though it's a very powerful card... Anyone have custom settings for a RadeonPro profile?

Then the fx will be actually comparable to 1st gen intel core processors! :lol:

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
It looks like the graphics card is only using one of the two GPU's... Trying to find a way to active the second one when playing skyrim and dead island... CPU is working fine thanks

That's I think because of bottlenecking, overclock your CPU and you will be happier :).

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
might be right on that... seeing people with my same video card play the same games with kick ass graphics... also having problems with the first crysis... crashing upon launch... just getting a black screen... no idea whats going on... best solution is overclocking??? thats it?