XBOX Light Gun Problem with 57" HDTV

I have an XBOX with the Silent Scope rifle which has worked on all of
the light gun games I have (House of the Dead 3, Starsky & Hutch &
Silent Scope Collection), but now that I have upgraded from a 27" to a
57" HDTV, the gun will not calibrate at all on any of these games. I
haven't seen any info in the manuals of these games, or the light-gun
itself as to having problems with a big-screen TV. Does anyone know
anything about this?
Thanks for your help!!

"Floydian2k3" <wmiller1998@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an XBOX with the Silent Scope rifle which has worked on all of
> the light gun games I have (House of the Dead 3, Starsky & Hutch &
> Silent Scope Collection), but now that I have upgraded from a 27" to a
> 57" HDTV, the gun will not calibrate at all on any of these games. I
> haven't seen any info in the manuals of these games, or the light-gun
> itself as to having problems with a big-screen TV. Does anyone know
> anything about this?
> Thanks for your help!!

as far as I know, light guns simply cannot work on RPTVs, or it only works
on very very few of them.

Floydian2k3 wrote:
> I have an XBOX with the Silent Scope rifle which has worked on all of
> the light gun games I have (House of the Dead 3, Starsky & Hutch &
> Silent Scope Collection), but now that I have upgraded from a 27" to
> 57" HDTV, the gun will not calibrate at all on any of these games. I
> haven't seen any info in the manuals of these games, or the light-gun
> itself as to having problems with a big-screen TV. Does anyone know
> anything about this?
> Thanks for your help!!

My experience is that the light guns (on the DC and Xbox) worked on my
rear projection TV, they just never worked on my HDTV.

Wurm <a@b.c> wrote:

> as far as I know, light guns simply cannot work on RPTVs, or it only works
> on very very few of them.

I thought RP-CRTs were OK, but HDTVs tend to include line doublers, which
totally mess up light-guns as well.

Either way, it doesn't sound good for the OP :(

I'm surprised that console makers haven't come out with light guns capable
of handling newer screen types.

Mike

Splendid

> I'm surprised that console makers haven't come out with light guns capable
> of handling newer screen types.

none of the console makers make any of the light guns...

I believe there may be one brand of light gun that works with HDTV. Try
asking at http://www.hdtvarcade.com I believe there is somebody that got it
to work there.