Slow network

Hey,

I cant really specify the problem further than that in a headline, sorry about that.

I've had issues with my upload to the internet, i've had several theories about what the issue could be, but at this point I've tried:

- Having a technician look at the modem and fiber and the upload from his computer to the net.
- Having his computer through the same router port my stationary goes through.
- Using different computers on the port i receive my net through.
- Using different cables.
- Rebooting the router(in case some restriction had been made to my MAC)

The things I've tried so far leads to the conclusion that the error is with either my network-card or with my drivers/settings.

The Upload seems to be limited to 10Mbit exactly.

The card is onboard with 2 ports, the board is an 'Asus P5Q Deluxe'. The drivers are either an updated version of the manufacturer drivers or the ones i received the board with.

Regarding settings I have applied the 'Leatrix Latency fix'(making the package size smaller, but sending more packages per min) to optimize my net for gaming and altered the TCP half open connection limit. Other than that they are unchanged as far as i can remember.

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong?

In advance, thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about slow network
  1. What type of service do you have? This happening only on one computer? What are you uploading to? Have you run several tests on sites like www.dslreports.com, other speedtest sites?

You said someone from an ISP tested this, but did not state what results he got. Were they testing the same way you were?
  2. You're evading my question, if you don't know anything about it please shut up, this isn't a post spam topic

The problem is with my computer as i already stated, theres no doubt, please stick to troubleshooting that.

You might think I'm an ass, but I let you off easy, I hate it when people try to help others with a topic they know nothing about.

This does not mean that I don't want relevant support at all, which is:

Drivers, my PC network settings, the card.
  3. AtotehZ said:
    You're evading my question, if you don't know anything about it please shut up, this isn't a post spam topic

The problem is with my computer as i already stated, theres no doubt, please stick to troubleshooting that.

You might think I'm an ass, but I let you off easy, I hate it when people try to help others with a topic they know nothing about.

This does not mean that I don't want relevant support at all, which is:

Drivers, my PC network settings, the card.

WTH is this?

First off to get more than 10mbit upload you need a service that supports over that. Which you did not list. How is asking that evading your question?

Second, if a tech tested your connection but used a different site to test upload speeds that test is also invalid.

Third, you could have 4 computers with the same issue, which you also did not state, which also leads to things to look at, even if someone else came by with a laptop that worked fine.

Fourth, I don't assume anyone did anything that they did not write down. Way too many posts start off with "I can't do this" and you post 4 suggestions to which they reply "Oh, I did all that already". So if I don't see something listed, I ask about it. I'm not going to spout 10 different things at random to look at.
  4. Then don't just focus on the question at hand instead. I listed whatever i did to make sure you DIDNT start offtopic.
  5. Since im not able to edit the post...

Net = 60/60Mbit(why the h*ll would i be here if it didnt support more use your freakin head)

Same tests were made were made with 2 separate sites on both his and my computer, his showed 63mbit and 61mbit upload, mine 10.20 and 9.9.

Can we focus on the ******* matter at hand? Get the rest out of your head. It HAS been thought through.
  6. Actually i would prefer that a moderator deleted everything but the parent topic.. ill make sure to emphasize

"The things I've tried so far leads to the conclusion that the error is with either my network-card or with my drivers/settings. "
  7. AtotehZ said:
    Since im not able to edit the post...

Net = 60/60Mbit(why the h*ll would i be here if it didnt support more use your freakin head)

Same tests were made were made with 2 separate sites on both his and my computer, his showed 63mbit and 61mbit upload, mine 10.20 and 9.9.

Can we focus on the ******* matter at hand? Get the rest out of your head. It HAS been thought through.

Well there we go, you could have posted that before and not been a jerk. You obviously have not read many of the questions here if you go around assuming we know what connection you have. Read my last point if you forgot.

Did someone put salt in your coffee or something, you are doing an awfull lot of bitching about some simple questions. I suggest one of these to hug http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/Gifts-and-Crafts/Wedding/Stuffed-Teddy-Bear-19261675218.jpg and a warm glass of milk.
  8. Who peed in your cheerios this morning?

Simple questions we need to help you.

I blame the smaller packets your sending with your " 'Leatrix Latency fix'(making the package size smaller, but sending more packages per min) "

By sending smaller packets you reduce your overall transfer rate. Networks operate on packets, and their ability to transmit those packets. Its not possible to increase the rate at which those packets travel or get sent / received. By artificially reducing the size of the packets, why are we complaining about a reduced data rate?
  9. have you checked to make sure all of your link speeds at 100mbit? exactly 10mbit sounds kind of weird.

Latency fixes and connection limits? No decent computer needs that kind of crap.

I can play FPS games with Bittorrent running with 4096 connections and capping my 18/2 connection and still get 20ms pings with proper QoS on my router.

I have an $800 Dell that's 2.5 years old, no super machine.
  10. I just got back to this thread... I took my anger out on you because I had been writing in an another tech forum where they kept beating around the bush with things I myself knew couldn't even be a factor(not just things that weren't mentioned). Of course this and nothing else is an excuse to treat the people who wanna help like crap, so I'm sorry about that.

The problem was firefox. Something in the settings had limited it to 10mbit. I installed it anew and it worked.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Networking