Policies and Windows XP

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows XP
September 29, 2004 4:49:07 AM

I want to disable access to the following applications by applying policies
from a Windows 2000 Server environnement (Active Directory is ready) :

MSN Explorer, Windows Messenger, Movies Maker, Netmeeting

When I look at the Default and Administration templates policies, I didn't
find any policies which allow to disable those applications (except
Netmeeting).
Can you tell me how to disable those applications ?

P.S. : I have aready loaded Windows XP Administration templates to Windows
2000 Server to dispose the whole Windows XP policies

Thanks for your help,
John

More about : policies windows

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:00:57 PM

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative
Templates\Windows Components\Windows Messenger\
Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run

Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:C02019F7-FAF6-4615-A424-A41E9E391AC1@microsoft.com,