Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need Cooling Advice from pros!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 7, 2012 5:49:55 PM

My videocard atm is at 49C. I am just surfing the net thats all. Well i know its kinda hot while just surfing the net, I just want to ask if there is a cooler for videocards? If it had any recommendations?

Here are my spec

inno3d 560-ti
i5 2500k
8gb ram
1tb SATA

P.S. - Question #2: I am planning to buy a liquid cooler in the future. Do liquid cooler such as in CORSAIR cools the videocard also? Or just CPU?

More about : cooling advice pros

a c 192 à CPUs
June 7, 2012 6:05:44 PM

I would download msi afterburner and also open hardware monitor and check that the temps are reading right. I would also see what the fan speed is set in the video card profile. (stock should be 30-40 percent). also with the gpu temps is air flow in the case it self. i have an antec one gaming case with ib i5 and the 550ti card and it runs 31c. (nvidia newest drivers lets the core clock down clock to save power and the card run cooler.). if you dont have your case set up with two fans..one pulling air in and one pushing air out or you have a small case you can see if the card run cooler by taking the side of the pc off for a day or two and see if the temps drop.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 6:17:16 PM

sorry i reedit that i got inno3d 560 ti. Well Actually it got only a fan. (Im not a good techy and i dont know for sure if you can replace that built in stock fan that inno3d has. is it possible? Well i want it more cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 6:17:29 PM

My 560ti ran hot too, unfortunately there is no bolt on cooler that you can put on. You can try to rig something better but to be honest its more of a hassle than a benefit. Try increasing your air flow in your case by adding fans to optimize airflow. You can also get a case blower which can also help a little bit.

PCI slot case cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Good luck.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 6:20:42 PM

v90k said:
My 560ti ran hot too, unfortunately there is no bolt on cooler that you can put on. You can try to rig something better but to be honest its more of a hassle than a benefit. Try increasing your air flow in your case by adding fans to optimize airflow. You can also get a case blower which can also help a little bit.

PCI slot case cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Good luck.



Really?! There is no way to change that built in stock fan the inno3d 560ti that i had? Why i seeing some VGA cooler in the market? :ouch: 
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 6:44:54 PM

testrun said:
Really?! There is no way to change that built in stock fan the inno3d 560ti that i had? Why i seeing some VGA cooler in the market? :ouch: 


I'm sorry let me rephrase my last post.

if your willing to take apart your video card and hopefully stick on a vga cooler that fits then go for it. The heatsink and fan that came with your card is suppose to be efficient enough. Usually increasing airflow, adding fans to blow air towards your card, or even adding an additional exhaust fan would be good enough.

found this on google. again if your comfortable taking apart your vidcard and possibly voiding your warranty.

ZEROtherm CoolMaxx 4000 VGA Cooler
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/zeroth...
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 6:53:24 PM

v90k said:
I'm sorry let me rephrase my last post.

if your willing to take apart your video card and hopefully stick on a vga cooler that fits then go for it. The heatsink and fan that came with your card is suppose to be efficient enough. Usually increasing airflow, adding fans to blow air towards your card, or even adding an additional exhaust fan would be good enough.

found this on google. again if your comfortable taking apart your vidcard and possibly voiding your warranty.

ZEROtherm CoolMaxx 4000 VGA Cooler
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/zeroth...



Really it will void my warranty?! Darn i didn't know that but thanks anyway. Do you think it is worth it?
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 7:09:17 PM

Its preference bud take into consideration the cost, labor and risk involved. If your card is still under warranty (and I think it still should be), if you pull it apart for any reason, most companys will void the warranty because now its altered from its orginal state. If it was up to me and I wasn't comfortable with the temps I'd just RMA it and tell them this thing runs too hot and would like it replaced.

I don't think its worth it to be honest. If I was trying to salvage a card that's old and out of warranty than maybe. But then again in the video card world things change so much that you'll always find a better card at a more cost efficient price.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 7:15:54 PM

Really do they replace overheating cards? Hmmm. Nice idea. Thanks, i really wonder now if how long should it take before replacing it.
m
0
l
!