tobster911

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hello,
My computer keeps getting the Blue Screen of Death, and it always seems to be the same type every time. It was recommended to me to try MemTest, so I did, and by Test #7, it had found 60 L3 Cache Errors.
I don't know much about computers, but, I think I'm right in saying that RAM doesn't have L3 cache, so it's a CPU error (correct me if im wrong)
If anyone knows anything about what could be causing the BSoD, how to 'cure' it and/or prevent it from happening again, I would be very greatful. It seems that everytime I start or am halfway through a game, email, document or anything, it dies, and, having had the issue since February (when I first built the PC), it's beginning to get on my nerves a bit...
PC Specs below
CPU - AMD FX8120 3.1ghz (Not O.C'd)
PSU - Not too sure on the make, but it was cheapish (£20) and 650 - 700w, I think (powerful enough)
GPU - PowerColor Radeon HD6870
HDD - 2x500gb SataIII
MoBo - ASUS M5A78l-M/USB3
RAM - 16gb (4*4gb) DDR3 1333

Thank you

1st junk that PSU, why spend £20-£30 on a POS and hundreds on good quality parts for it to blow up? Then test.

Go back to basics, disconnect eveything that you don't need, like hdd's etc and use 1 stick of ram and test each component.

It is rare, but you could have a rogue cpu.