Onboard LAN for file hsaring & PCI LAN for INTERNET

Hello,
I newly installed a PCI LAN card to a PC in which the Onboard LAN is connected to HUB for file sharing and printing.I configure the PCI LAN for Internet.What the problem is all works well.But NOT AT A TIME.i.e.when i give a print via onboard LAN it not works when PCI LAN is connected to Internet is ON.When i off the moden in PCI LAN the file sharing prints are all works fine.I need help to over come the problem.Also i need solution to use both LAN at a time .
3 answers Last reply
More about onboard file hsaring internet
  1. windows will only use one Network card.

you could try using two different IP schemes.

PCI LAN 192.168.1.xxx
    Onboard LAN 10.0.0.xxx
  2. Or get a router and connect all equipment to it. One lan, everything can have internet access.
  3. jaips said:
    Hello,
    I newly installed a PCI LAN card to a PC in which the Onboard LAN is connected to HUB for file sharing and printing.I configure the PCI LAN for Internet.What the problem is all works well.But NOT AT A TIME.i.e.when i give a print via onboard LAN it not works when PCI LAN is connected to Internet is ON.When i off the moden in PCI LAN the file sharing prints are all works fine.I need help to over come the problem.Also i need solution to use both LAN at a time .

this is why they make routers. get one .. use one card.

there are workarounds but that's the way to go.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN LAN PCI File Sharing Internet Networking