Best gaming processor for msi k9n6pgm2v2

rohithcb

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
my pc's current config as follows

cpu-AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (overclocked to 2.7 by fsb)

mob-msi k9n6pgm2v2

Ram- kingston 4gb ddr2

graphic card - Nvidia gtx 550ti ddr5

i am planning to upgrade my cpu as it is bottlenecking the performance of my graphic card. In the MSI site,my they are given that my mob supports cpu under 95w.but they have given amd phenom ii x6 1055t thuban in the support list. But i have checked some websites but they are marked it as 125 w power :ouch: .

i am planning only to upgrade my cpu as it is the weakest link on my pc.so any opinions given is appreciated.

my choices are phenom ii x4 960 and phenom ii x6 1055t(only if supports).i dont know whether there are any high options above this. :sarcastic:

purpose for the system mainly is gaming and internet surfing.i am a mechanical engineering student so a very limited budget in upgrading. :sol:

rohithcb

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

i forgot to mention my ram frequency(800 mhz) and also dont know whether it has any significance. I also want to know that whether hexa cores perform better than quad cores. I am not planning to change my cpu for atleast 3 years.If any hexa core cpu is better than amd phenom ii 960 then i would definitely go for the higher option.