jaips

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I have installed new PCI LAN for Internet modem.My onboard LAN is already is on HUB for file sharing,Printing,scsnning purpose.I configured the PCI LAN for internet,it works well.My problem is when internet is working i.e.when PCI LAN is working ,File sharing,printing via onboard LAN not working.When i off the modem Onboard LAN shares file ,prints ,scans all working.i need help to use both LAN's at a time with proper working.What Can i DO.HELP ME PLEASE.

You really should be using a router. It will make life a whole lot easier than managing multiple network connections on the PC.

Anyway…

The problem is that each network connection is bound to windows printer/file sharing, when in fact you only want/need file/printer sharing on the internal network connection.

Go to Network Connections (type "ncpa.cpl" at any command prompt and hit enter), hit Alt (to unhide the top menu bar), select Advanced->Advanced Settings. You can either completely UNBIND file/printer sharing and Client from the network connection leading to the ISP, or else try placing the network connection leading to your internal network ABOVE the network connection leading to the ISP (that will give the internal network higher priority). Finally, reboot.

Note, if you want to share the Internet w/ other devices on the internal network connection, you could enable ICS on the network connection leading to the ISP. I don’t recall ever seeing this type of problem when using ICS, so it may be that ICS makes these adjustments for you went it’s enabled.