File manager mystery

Jim

Hi,

The windows file manager keeps my files in two places. I
only want one place and I don't want "my documents"...
then Jim's documants" in the path.

How can I clean the file manager. It seems to have a
mind of its own. Where can I read about this?

File manager stores files in ONE place.. XP gives access to those files from
more than ONE place..

"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The windows file manager keeps my files in two places. I
> only want one place and I don't want "my documents"...
> then Jim's documants" in the path.
>
> How can I clean the file manager. It seems to have a
> mind of its own. Where can I read about this?

Jim

Mike,

When I try to write html "in one directory" file manager
uses the LONG URL of the oither directory. I want to
turn off the the <A HREF="C:/my computer/my
documents/Jim/documents and settings/folder/file.html"
Form. Being "in the folder, I simply want to
use "folder/file.html." Manager messes this up.

Thanks again

How are you "writing html"?

If you are using MS Frontpage (Express) or Dreamweaver,
you need to "publish" the html file, not "save" it.