File manager mystery

Hi,

The windows file manager keeps my files in two places. I
only want one place and I don't want "my documents"...
then Jim's documants" in the path.

How can I clean the file manager. It seems to have a
mind of its own. Where can I read about this?
3 answers Last reply
More about file manager mystery

    File manager stores files in ONE place.. XP gives access to those files from
    more than ONE place..

    "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The windows file manager keeps my files in two places. I
    > only want one place and I don't want "my documents"...
    > then Jim's documants" in the path.
    >
    > How can I clean the file manager. It seems to have a
    > mind of its own. Where can I read about this?

    Mike,

    When I try to write html "in one directory" file manager
    uses the LONG URL of the oither directory. I want to
    turn off the the <A HREF="C:/my computer/my
    documents/Jim/documents and settings/folder/file.html"
    Form. Being "in the folder, I simply want to
    use "folder/file.html." Manager messes this up.

    Thanks again

    How are you "writing html"?

    If you are using MS Frontpage (Express) or Dreamweaver,
    you need to "publish" the html file, not "save" it.

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP