Will going from x4 980 to i5 2500k increase fps/gpu usage??

jewpacabra

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
I cant get the full advantage of my gtx680 i went from 6950 was expecting big fps boost but no just got lower gpu usage. My gpu usage in most games is 90-40% with 90%(or so) being rare and when looking at something particular or when lots of stuff going on dropping to 40%(or so) when i clearly need more frames and in some games changing settings doesn't make any difference to fps or usage. So i figured cpu is bottleneckng it. What i am trying to figure out will the change help me with fps in games and gpu usage because i heard that intel is way better for gaming then amd or at least x4-x6 vs i5-i7. Thanks in advance :hello:

jewpacabra

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
well i mean you can polish a turd all you want but at the end of day its still that. With that said i did oc it to 4.1 got like a bit out of it but i can oc 2500k as well. What i am trying to say is or been told is that intel is better cpu at same speed so if say i oc 2500k to 4.1 wouldn't it be better.

rdc85

Honorable

I foresaw this will becoming another war thread, Quick answer it will benefit from I5 and new mobo....

U can O.C what u got or increase the workload of GPU (if u don't want to spend extra money).

But it's seems u dead set for I5 and only need justification yes buy it and u will happy with it.

Intel, I just sold an overclocked 975BE...
amuffin - your wrong on this one and TBH have no experience with higher end AMD units, the comparison isn't even fair.
the 980BE even clocked @ 4.4GHz (if it can get there) still loses to an i5-2400 (non clockable)..

no offense.
The bottleneck shows only in CPU intensive games such as WOW and Skyrim, otherwise there's no difference between the X4 980 BE and the 2500K in terms of GPU intensive games.

@OP
What games are you playing at what resolution?

*SIGH*
c'mon man.
until you have a 2500K sitting right next to your AMD and run benches, you'll see / feel the difference.
experience first then speak..
:p
There was no need for the sarcasm, I was just discussing with you, and you know that I always learn from you, Master.
But in case you can tell a difference in the following benches, you really need to get a glasses.
Gaming_01.png

Gaming_02.png

Gaming_03.png

Gaming_04.png

I guess I see the Denebs just fall behind the sweet 2500K with a difference of 5 FPS at most.
If you get a bench for a game like Skyrim or WOW, the AMD CPUs let you down.
If you have a high end CF/SLI setup, AMD will let you down.

Only in RPG games, and that's what I mentioned, any other difference is negligible.
And since you're always in a rush in your posts, and make the people feel like you're the God of hardware, I decided not to debate with you, and learn from you too, Expert.

@recon.
Look at 1080P benches, only 1-2 FPS more with the 2500K, in 1680x1050 gaming, more work is done by the CPU, and we all know that the per clock Intels beats AMDs, But still the difference is negligible.

Look at your speeches.

rdc85

Honorable
huhu my prediction come true, this thread need to be closed.......
Everyone here knows that amd fall behind intel sandy bridge, end of story.....

The OP looks like already gone, from his post it most like throwing bait for flame wars or he just need justification for his belief.