Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

A New CPU

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
June 8, 2012 8:37:49 AM

I'm planning to buy a new CPU...The only thing i want to use from my old desktop i SATA 160 HardDisk..I'll upgrage it later...

I’m not into stuff of overclocking and all…So search motherboard accordingly..I’m a gamer and budget is Rs 22000…The configurations that i have in mind are:

1. i5 2500k + P8Z68-M PRO (just because i read somewhere Asus Z68 is a good board series) + 4gb corsair RAM

2. i3 2120 + intel DH61ww + some graphic card(Need suggestions regarding this) + 4Gb corsair RAM

Which configuration is better?

One more question..I googled reviews of different motherboards and processors and found out that i need a vry good quality SMPS which can cost around Rs 5000, a normal SMPS wont work and i need to install some cooler master (or stuff like that)..Is that true?

More about : cpu

a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 9:46:29 AM

Yes, you will need an SMPS but in here we simply call it PSU or power supply unit. PSU are pretty standard components & you can buy it from any computer store. Rs 5000 is a decent budget but it wont get you the best. HEre is an option but it is still subject to change upon finalizing your choice of components:
http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-600cxv2uk-600-wat...
In general, I recommend Corsair or Seasonic brands of PSU if available.

If you are gaming, Option 2 is better because graphics card is the bigger factor that affects your game play. To recommend one, please let us know what is the resolution of your monitor.

m
l
June 8, 2012 11:45:35 AM

randomkid said:
Yes, you will need an SMPS but in here we simply call it PSU or power supply unit. PSU are pretty standard components & you can buy it from any computer store. Rs 5000 is a decent budget but it wont get you the best. HEre is an option but it is still subject to change upon finalizing your choice of components:
http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-600cxv2uk-600-wat...
In general, I recommend Corsair or Seasonic brands of PSU if available.

If you are gaming, Option 2 is better because graphics card is the bigger factor that affects your game play. To recommend one, please let us know what is the resolution of your monitor.

It's 19 inches LG TFT LCD Moniter (Model no: L1953S)
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2012 3:30:19 PM

Is 430 watt PSU enough for this whole setup? My system remains on for approximate 18 hours.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 3:36:10 PM

Sure. More than enough. The setup would probably wont pull more than 250W & the cx 430 has been tested even up to 500W.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 5:28:51 PM

dstubbornkanav said:
I'm planning to buy a new CPU...The only thing i want to use from my old desktop i SATA 160 HardDisk..I'll upgrage it later...

I’m not into stuff of overclocking and all…So search motherboard accordingly..I’m a gamer and budget is Rs 22000…The configurations that i have in mind are:

1. i5 2500k + P8Z68-M PRO (just because i read somewhere Asus Z68 is a good board series) + 4gb corsair RAM

2. i3 2120 + intel DH61ww + some graphic card(Need suggestions regarding this) + 4Gb corsair RAM

Which configuration is better?

One more question..I googled reviews of different motherboards and processors and found out that i need a vry good quality SMPS which can cost around Rs 5000, a normal SMPS wont work and i need to install some cooler master (or stuff like that)..Is that true?

Given that you're on a budget... is there a reason why you haven't contemplated an AMD setup?
m
l
June 8, 2012 6:25:18 PM

ElMoIsEviL said:
Given that you're on a budget... is there a reason why you haven't contemplated an AMD setup?

I read somewhere that AMD processors have heat issues and their performance is quite low as compared to intel...I don't have a thorough knowledge though..I'm a newbie in these stuffs...Any advice you want to give?
m
l