I get odd distorted trails following any moving object.

The Zebra

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
As the title states, I've been getting odd trails of distortion following just about anything moving on screen. It's significantly worse in darker environments, such as within any steam windows, and within games like Brink, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, and Minecraft.

This has been my first build, and everything appeared to be working correctly at first. I assumed it was just an issue coming from the older video drivers, so I updated my drivers but it didn't help. I've also noticed that after it goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, it appears to wake up. All the lights on the case come back on and all the fans start spinning, but the monitor doesn't receive any sort of a signal. So i'll end up turning it off by holding the power, and then when I turn it back on it seems to be right where I left off.

My system specs are:
Asus P8Z68-V LX
Intel I5-2500k
XFX Radeon HD 6850
OCZ Fatal1ty 750w
Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600 mhz
WD 1TB HDD 7200 rpm w/ 64mb cache
Windows 7 64bit

I've managed to record the odd distortion, as I open up my steam friend notice how the image of the zebra in the lower right stays in as I open up my steam friends. Also then as I drag the other windows across it notice how the one edge seems to leave a distorted imprint. I should add that my GPU has been staying quite cool, and while I recorded this video it was running at 30 degrees Celsius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb8GD2zsVxk&feature=youtu.be

If the distortion doesn't show up, please watch it in 1080p.

The Zebra

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
It's 1920x1080p, 60hz, 32 bit color. It's a 24" HDTV, I got the idea from a friend who has the same setup, with the same monitor, although he had no issues. Right now it's connected straight to my 6850 though hdmi. I've had two other windows 7 laptops hooked up to this same monitor and didn't have the issue. I've also changed it to a lower resolution with a frame rate of 75 hz and a lower resolution with framerates like 59 hz, 50 hz, ect.

The Zebra

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
LED-LCD But like I said I didn't have issues with either of the other two laptops I had hooked up to this same exact screen so I assumed it wasn't the screen, I also assumed that if it was the screen it wouldn't show up on hypercam.

The Zebra

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I swapped my ram from slots 2A and 2B to slots 1A and 1B and that seemed to fix the issues with it not waking up correctly, but I still have the issue with the distortion, if anyone has any ideas, any help at all will be greatly appreciated.