Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Up til this morning, when I used "Windows Explorer" to
look at the photos in a file (or in a camera), I could
click on a thumbnail, and have the file displayed
in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", AND, if I clicked on
the icon for editing in the menu bar (CTRL E), the photo
would be put into software installed with my camera
(something called "Photosuite").

Now, mysteriously, when I click the "edit" icon, the photo
is put into Windows "Paint".

How do I change the default Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
editor back to my old software?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows picture viewer

    Default editor is mspaint. To change the default editor to a third-party
    program, reinstall the respective application, or directly set the registry
    entry:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

    In the right-pane, set the value of (default) to the full path of the editor
    program which you want to use.

    Examples:
    REG_EXPAND_SZ
    "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"

    REG_SZ
    c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    -or-
    "c:\program files\my editor\editor.exe" "%1"

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Erik Hendrickson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Up til this morning, when I used "Windows Explorer" to
    look at the photos in a file (or in a camera), I could
    click on a thumbnail, and have the file displayed
    in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", AND, if I clicked on
    the icon for editing in the menu bar (CTRL E), the photo
    would be put into software installed with my camera
    (something called "Photosuite").

    Now, mysteriously, when I click the "edit" icon, the photo
    is put into Windows "Paint".

    How do I change the default Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
    editor back to my old software?

    Thanks.

Configuration Fax Windows XP