Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mod report

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 10, 2005 11:24:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hi All,

Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around 100
games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.

For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
http://www.teamavalaunch.com/

If you have any questions, please ask.

ZT

More about : mod report

February 10, 2005 11:24:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:cue64f$528$1@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp...
> Hi All,
>
> Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around 100
> games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
>
> For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
> http://www.teamavalaunch.com/
>
> If you have any questions, please ask.

Can't you afford to buy games?
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:24:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> and around 100
>games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.


Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
job.

Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.
Related resources
February 10, 2005 11:24:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
:^)

I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
buying any more" games. :^)

- Jordan
February 10, 2005 11:24:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:kd8l01t64joiodq6oeli4jrgqdr4s3bj8a@4ax.com...
>
>> and around 100
>>games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
>
>
> Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
> job.
>
> Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

Oh brother....
February 10, 2005 11:24:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
news:36vl8iF58qhksU1@individual.net...
>
> "Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:cue64f$528$1@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around
>> 100
>> games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
>>
>> For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
>> http://www.teamavalaunch.com/
>>
>> If you have any questions, please ask.
>
> Can't you afford to buy games?

100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
financial advisor or something.


>
>
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:24:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Jordan wrote:
> I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
> :^)
>
> I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
> buying any more" games. :^)

Good, I'm not the only one who does this.

Swi
February 10, 2005 11:24:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:kd8l01t64joiodq6oeli4jrgqdr4s3bj8a@4ax.com...
>
>> and around 100
>>games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
>
>
> Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
> job.
>
> Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

oh no... they had to do that first to afford the xbox and mod...
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:24:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"MikeC" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:N9KdnSfxPtw4JpffRVn-3A@centurytel.net...
>
> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> news:36vl8iF58qhksU1@individual.net...
>>
>> Can't you afford to buy games?
>
> 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
> financial advisor or something.
>

Wow I never thought of it that way! If you can't afford something, it's ok
to steal it! And to think I was going without that BMW for nothing. Thank
you so much for the epiphany you turd burglar.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 1:21:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:kd8l01t64joiodq6oeli4jrgqdr4s3bj8a@4ax.com...
>
> > and around 100
> >games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
>
>
> Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
> job.
>
> Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

hes just a spammer mitch, he likely wont see anything you have to say.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:24:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
> financial advisor or something.

Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
steal them, too.



Who pays $50 for every game anyways? Wait for them to drop to $20, or buy
them used, and save a lot of money.

I'll probably will have bought around 100 games for the PS2 by the time
the PS3 comes out. Of course, that's spread over 5-6 years.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:27:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

USAF LM <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote:
> Jordan wrote:
> > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
> > :^)
> >
> > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
> > buying any more" games. :^)

> Good, I'm not the only one who does this.

Not by a long shot.

Unfortunatly, I don't always succeed. :(  But at least I've managed to
stick to my resolve to only buy games at sale or reduced prices. No more
full-price games for me. Plenty to play at home.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:27:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> USAF LM <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote:
>> Jordan wrote:
>> > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my
>> > systems.
>> > :^)
>> >
>> > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
>> > buying any more" games. :^)
>
>> Good, I'm not the only one who does this.
>
> Not by a long shot.
>
> Unfortunatly, I don't always succeed. :(  But at least I've managed to
> stick to my resolve to only buy games at sale or reduced prices. No
> more full-price games for me. Plenty to play at home.
>

I think I still have an NES game or two that I need to play. I need to
win the lottery or something to get some more free time...
February 10, 2005 10:37:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hey, you spend the money!


"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
news:36vl8iF58qhksU1@individual.net...
>
> "Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:cue64f$528$1@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around
100
> > games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
> >
> > For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
> > http://www.teamavalaunch.com/
> >
> > If you have any questions, please ask.
>
> Can't you afford to buy games?
>
>
February 10, 2005 10:37:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:cufdn7$q1f$1@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp...
> Hey, you spend the money!

I rent games. £9.99 a month for unlimited games. I may not be able to
afford to buy lots, but I don't steal them. If you can;t afford them there
are other ways to play them cheaply - rent.
February 10, 2005 10:38:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Go for it, dude!


"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:1108000081.784524.88320@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
> :^)
>
> I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
> buying any more" games. :^)
>
> - Jordan
>
February 10, 2005 10:38:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Right on!

"USAF LM" <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote in message
news:110ljmdb3chs72f@corp.supernews.com...
> Jordan wrote:
> > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
> > :^)
> >
> > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
> > buying any more" games. :^)
>
> Good, I'm not the only one who does this.
>
> Swi
February 10, 2005 11:28:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I know, thanks!

"wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:JAGOd.61593$eT5.35841@attbi_s51...
>
> <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:kd8l01t64joiodq6oeli4jrgqdr4s3bj8a@4ax.com...
> >
> > > and around 100
> > >games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
> >
> >
> > Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
> > job.
> >
> > Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.
>
> hes just a spammer mitch, he likely wont see anything you have to say.
>
>
February 11, 2005 9:18:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95FA6D9BA5334BPnotreal@140.99.99.130...
> Ahhhh, and where did you get this information??? specifics please?
>
> Modding your own Xbox is perfectly legal, you own it, you can rip it
> apart, solder it, use it as a door stop, have it make coffee, whatever.
>
> Backing up your games is perfectly within your rights according to fair
> use.
>
> Now show me where the above is illegal or even immoral.

Check google for "Circumvention of copyright material" for your own country.
The only countries so far to have declared modchips legal are Italy and
Spain. UK brought in the law back in October of last year and makes the
selling and/or installation of modchips illegal.
The Digital Millenium Copyright Act of USA also forbids the circumvention of
copyrighted material.
Check also ELSPA http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
You may backup your games, but by chipping the console to play those games
you are breaking the law. One of those double-edged swords.
I am not bothered at all by people backing up their games, its when people
tell blatant lies to hide their piracy which I have a problem with. If they
want to steal then thats their lookout, but it brings the groups into
disrepute as you can see from this thread.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:27:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

> Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100 games
> then?
> Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is illegal.
> Check your facts first.

Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.

Modding, however, is due to the stupid DMCA.
February 11, 2005 9:27:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
news:110pu7sngl2k919@corp.supernews.com...
> <snip>
> Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.


Unless *you* are Microsoft (or analogous entity) you never "own" the game.
You purchase a license to use the software. The license you purchase says
something like: "Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission,
public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy
protection is strictly prohibited." So, backing up is at least "illegal" in
the sense that it's a breach of contract.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:30:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Zama <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote:
> You have no idea what sort of person I am, so if you don't like what I said
> then don't read it Moron!

So how do you propose we un-read what we didn't like? Sure, after finding
out you're a thief-going-on-kook we can take protective measures.

Or, we can just hang around and keep poking you to see if you blow.

After all, if you don't like what I said, don't read it.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:35:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
@individual.net:

> http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp

Hrm,

Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.

notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or "for
hire"

Not arguing, just find it interesting.


BeaglePig
February 11, 2005 9:39:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
news:110pu7sngl2k919@corp.supernews.com...
> Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100 games
>> then?
>> Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is illegal.
>> Check your facts first.
>
> Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.
>
> Modding, however, is due to the stupid DMCA.

Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive is
because that requires a chip.
February 11, 2005 9:41:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95FA7FF9AB2D3BPnotreal@140.99.99.130...
> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
> @individual.net:
>
>> http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
>
> Hrm,
>
> Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
> manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.
>
> notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or "for
> hire"
>
> Not arguing, just find it interesting.

All that "for hire" and in the course of business" is all legal speak and I
don't understand must of the technical jargon - typically what you see when
you read an act. Its all very mind blowing trying to seperate the wheat from
the chaff.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 2:27:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

>You have no idea what sort of person I am,

Actually, I do have a pretty good idea.
February 12, 2005 3:39:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Zama wrote:
> You have no idea what sort of person I am, so if you don't like what I said
> then don't read it Moron!
>
getting a pretty good idea the more you post. You IQ is in the negative
now.....
February 12, 2005 3:40:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Zama wrote:
> It doesn't hurt me, Moron!
>
>

The real victim here is your children...My god!
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 4:12:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

> Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive is
> because that requires a chip.

In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
use.

Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 4:21:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Thoth <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:

> Unless *you* are Microsoft (or analogous entity) you never "own" the game.
> You purchase a license to use the software. The license you purchase says
> something like: "Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission,
> public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy
> protection is strictly prohibited." So, backing up is at least "illegal" in
> the sense that it's a breach of contract.

There's a special clause in the copyright law that deals with computer
software - which would cover XBox games - that explicitly states that you
are entitled to make an archival copy for your own private use.

Yes, yes, I've seen the "unauthroized copying prohibited" bit too. But
there's a few things to consider. First, you are entitled to make that
backup copy if you wish and second, no contract can ever take away your
rights. Some places like to try to stick in various clauses to see if
you'll go along with them. Of course this brings up the other sticky
point...how does the company prove you have agreed to their contract since
you never sign anything? And before anyone gets excited about thinking
that software contracts are illegal, therefor it's mine to do with as I
please, remember that there's a difference between *law* and a
*contract*. Even without a contract, you're still bound to whatever local
laws your area has regarding copyrights.
February 12, 2005 12:10:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Defiantly, when you are the one separate it out!


"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
news:374ck1F57uvbqU1@individual.net...
>
> "BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns95FA7FF9AB2D3BPnotreal@140.99.99.130...
> > "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
> > @individual.net:
> >
> >> http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
> >
> > Hrm,
> >
> > Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
> > manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.
> >
> > notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or
"for
> > hire"
> >
> > Not arguing, just find it interesting.
>
> All that "for hire" and in the course of business" is all legal speak and
I
> don't understand must of the technical jargon - typically what you see
when
> you read an act. Its all very mind blowing trying to seperate the wheat
from
> the chaff.
>
>
February 12, 2005 1:30:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Interesting!

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
news:110qmh3ko3qt65e@corp.supernews.com...
> Thoth <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:
>
> > Unless *you* are Microsoft (or analogous entity) you never "own" the
game.
> > You purchase a license to use the software. The license you purchase
says
> > something like: "Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering,
transmission,
> > public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy
> > protection is strictly prohibited." So, backing up is at least
"illegal" in
> > the sense that it's a breach of contract.
>
> There's a special clause in the copyright law that deals with computer
> software - which would cover XBox games - that explicitly states that you
> are entitled to make an archival copy for your own private use.
>
> Yes, yes, I've seen the "unauthroized copying prohibited" bit too. But
> there's a few things to consider. First, you are entitled to make that
> backup copy if you wish and second, no contract can ever take away your
> rights. Some places like to try to stick in various clauses to see if
> you'll go along with them. Of course this brings up the other sticky
> point...how does the company prove you have agreed to their contract since
> you never sign anything? And before anyone gets excited about thinking
> that software contracts are illegal, therefor it's mine to do with as I
> please, remember that there's a difference between *law* and a
> *contract*. Even without a contract, you're still bound to whatever local
> laws your area has regarding copyrights.
February 12, 2005 4:56:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
news:110qlvt9363e932@corp.supernews.com...
> Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive
>> is
>> because that requires a chip.
>
> In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
> courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
> for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
> use.
>
> Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.

I doubt we will because there are more important crimes in the world.
February 12, 2005 4:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:cujhnp$kma$3@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp...
> Defiantly, when you are the one separate it out!

I find it funny, you come here all to brag about your "100 games" in the
hope of support and all you get is negative responses. Not so clever now is
it?
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:14:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
news:110nd7udlbd9q0a@corp.supernews.com...
> MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
>> financial advisor or something.
>
> Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
> all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
> steal them, too.

Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura. Good
idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.

>
>
>
> Who pays $50 for every game anyways? Wait for them to drop to $20, or buy
> them used, and save a lot of money.
>
> I'll probably will have bought around 100 games for the PS2 by the time
> the PS3 comes out. Of course, that's spread over 5-6 years.
February 12, 2005 6:59:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

* Wurm wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:


> depends on the country you are in, and since when has legality had anything
> to do with morals ;-). You also own your car, are you allowed to do whatever
> you want to it?, correct sir, the answer is also no.

What cant I do with my car? I can do whatever I want to it. The law
states I may not be able to drive it on the streets if certain things
are altered but I can change it however I like.

--
David
Lunatic Asylum, n.:
The place where optimism most flourishes.
February 12, 2005 7:01:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

* BeaglePig wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

>> Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100
>> games then?
>> Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is
>> illegal. Check your facts first.


> Ahhhh, and where did you get this information??? specifics please?

> Modding your own Xbox is perfectly legal, you own it, you can rip it
> apart, solder it, use it as a door stop, have it make coffee, whatever.

> Backing up your games is perfectly within your rights according to fair
> use.


Depends completely on the license provided by the manufacturer, for
instance, I believe MotoGP states specifically that you CANNOT make a
backup copy but they will provide replcements to lost/stolen/damged
disks at a cost of $10

> Now show me where the above is illegal or even immoral.

Check the games manual for more info, that fine print isnt there to
fill pages.

--
David
Buck-passing usually turns out to be a boomerang.
February 12, 2005 7:11:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

* Beck wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> news:110qlvt9363e932@corp.supernews.com...
>> Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

>>> Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive
>>> is
>>> because that requires a chip.

>> In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
>> courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
>> for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
>> use.

>> Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.

> I doubt we will because there are more important crimes in the world.

Yeah, like stealing MP3's or using bottorrent. So sayeth the MPAA, and
the judge agreed.


--
David
I hope I bought the right relish ... zzzzzzzzz ...
February 14, 2005 6:25:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> news:110nd7udlbd9q0a@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
>>>financial advisor or something.
>>
>>Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
>>all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
>>steal them, too.
>
>
> Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura. Good
> idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
>

bad analogy :)  your Honda is an Acura ;p
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:57:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
news:zSUPd.7170$hU7.3512@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> news:110nd7udlbd9q0a@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>>>MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
>>>>financial advisor or something.
>>>
>>>Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
>>>all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
>>>steal them, too.
>>
>>
>> Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura.
>> Good idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
>>
>
> bad analogy :)  your Honda is an Acura ;p

Its not really a bad analogy. The OP's bootlegged games are still games.
Anyway there are some people (like me) who will not be seen a Honda, but I
will paint the town red in an Acura. Same for Dodge/Chrysler (and Jeep) and
Chevy/Saturn.
February 14, 2005 6:32:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Green Shampoo wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> news:zSUPd.7170$hU7.3512@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>Mattinglyfan wrote:
>>
>>>"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>>>news:110nd7udlbd9q0a@corp.supernews.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>>MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
>>>>>financial advisor or something.
>>>>
>>>>Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
>>>>all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
>>>>steal them, too.
>>>
>>>
>>>Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura.
>>>Good idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
>>>
>>
>>bad analogy :)  your Honda is an Acura ;p
>
>
> Its not really a bad analogy. The OP's bootlegged games are still games.
> Anyway there are some people (like me) who will not be seen a Honda, but I
> will paint the town red in an Acura. Same for Dodge/Chrysler (and Jeep) and
> Chevy/Saturn.
>
>
in the sense that he is going to trade it his ride in for "something
better" when't it's really the same thing. Pretty superficial of you to
let a little logo totally change your day.


I would drive an Acura in some instances, say to buy an MDX because it's
more aesthetically pleasing to me than a Pilot but not just because of
the name, cuz it's a joke really. Or a G35 over a Maxima because of the
styling. But to "not be seen" is a bold statement. Like an Acura is that
much more premium than a Honda. Well I guess Acura/Honda depends on
people like you. LOL, but they don't even market Acuras in Japan. If
people there want to drive something "premium" they do it right and buy
an MB or BMW. Cuz whether you driving an Acura or Honda, a Chrysler or
Dodge, or a Nissan or Infiniti, you're still in the same status quo :) 
!