Mod report

Hi All,

Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around 100
games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.

For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
http://www.teamavalaunch.com/

If you have any questions, please ask.

ZT
40 answers Last reply
More about report

    "Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around 100
    > games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
    >
    > For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
    > http://www.teamavalaunch.com/
    >
    > If you have any questions, please ask.

    Can't you afford to buy games?

    > and around 100
    >games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.

    Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
    job.

    Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

    I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
    :^)

    I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    buying any more" games. :^)

    - Jordan

    <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> and around 100
    >>games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
    >

    > Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
    > job.
    >
    > Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

    Oh brother....

    "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Zama" <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Just got our Xbox tricked out with a 200gig harddrive, mod, and around
    >> 100
    >> games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
    >>
    >> For more info, check out: http://www.xboxmodz.com/ &
    >> http://www.teamavalaunch.com/
    >>
    >> If you have any questions, please ask.
    >
    > Can't you afford to buy games?

    100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
    financial advisor or something.

    Jordan wrote:
    > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
    > :^)
    >
    > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    > buying any more" games. :^)

    Good, I'm not the only one who does this.

    Swi

    <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> and around 100
    >>games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
    >

    > Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
    > job.
    >
    > Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

    oh no... they had to do that first to afford the xbox and mod...

    "MikeC" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Can't you afford to buy games?
    >
    > 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
    > financial advisor or something.

    Wow I never thought of it that way! If you can't afford something, it's ok
    to steal it! And to think I was going without that BMW for nothing. Thank
    you so much for the epiphany you turd burglar.

    <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > and around 100
    > >games. So far, the kids love it! As far me, I think it's great also.
    >

    > Your kids must have so much respect for their thief of a father. Good
    > job.
    >
    > Teach 'em to siphon gasoline next.

    hes just a spammer mitch, he likely wont see anything you have to say.

    MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
    > financial advisor or something.

    Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
    all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
    steal them, too.

    Who pays $50 for every game anyways? Wait for them to drop to $20, or buy
    them used, and save a lot of money.

    I'll probably will have bought around 100 games for the PS2 by the time
    the PS3 comes out. Of course, that's spread over 5-6 years.

    USAF LM <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote:
    > Jordan wrote:
    > > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
    > > :^)
    > >
    > > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    > > buying any more" games. :^)

    > Good, I'm not the only one who does this.

    Not by a long shot.

    Unfortunatly, I don't always succeed. :( But at least I've managed to
    stick to my resolve to only buy games at sale or reduced prices. No more
    full-price games for me. Plenty to play at home.

    > USAF LM <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote:
    >> Jordan wrote:
    >> > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my
    >> > systems.
    >> > :^)
    >> >
    >> > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    >> > buying any more" games. :^)
    >
    >> Good, I'm not the only one who does this.
    >
    > Not by a long shot.
    >
    > Unfortunatly, I don't always succeed. :( But at least I've managed to
    > stick to my resolve to only buy games at sale or reduced prices. No
    > more full-price games for me. Plenty to play at home.

    I think I still have an NES game or two that I need to play. I need to
    win the lottery or something to get some more free time...

    Hey, you spend the money!

    > Hey, you spend the money!

    I rent games. £9.99 a month for unlimited games. I may not be able to
    afford to buy lots, but I don't steal them. If you can;t afford them there
    are other ways to play them cheaply - rent.

    Go for it, dude!

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
    > :^)
    >
    > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    > buying any more" games. :^)
    >
    > - Jordan

    Right on!

    "USAF LM" <MMMmmmmm@spam.eat> wrote in message
    > Jordan wrote:
    > > I have more than a couple hundred games if you count all my systems.
    > > :^)
    > >
    > > I must have 12 or 15 in my stack of "you must finish these before
    > > buying any more" games. :^)
    >
    > Good, I'm not the only one who does this.
    >
    > Swi

    I know, thanks!

    "BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
    > Ahhhh, and where did you get this information??? specifics please?
    >
    > Modding your own Xbox is perfectly legal, you own it, you can rip it
    > apart, solder it, use it as a door stop, have it make coffee, whatever.
    >
    > Backing up your games is perfectly within your rights according to fair
    > use.
    >
    > Now show me where the above is illegal or even immoral.

    Check google for "Circumvention of copyright material" for your own country.
    The only countries so far to have declared modchips legal are Italy and
    Spain. UK brought in the law back in October of last year and makes the
    selling and/or installation of modchips illegal.
    The Digital Millenium Copyright Act of USA also forbids the circumvention of
    copyrighted material.
    Check also ELSPA http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
    You may backup your games, but by chipping the console to play those games
    you are breaking the law. One of those double-edged swords.
    I am not bothered at all by people backing up their games, its when people
    tell blatant lies to hide their piracy which I have a problem with. If they
    want to steal then thats their lookout, but it brings the groups into
    disrepute as you can see from this thread.

    Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

    > Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100 games
    > then?
    > Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is illegal.
    > Check your facts first.

    Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.

    Modding, however, is due to the stupid DMCA.

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.

    Unless *you* are Microsoft (or analogous entity) you never "own" the game.
    You purchase a license to use the software. The license you purchase says
    something like: "Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission,
    public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy
    protection is strictly prohibited." So, backing up is at least "illegal" in
    the sense that it's a breach of contract.

    Zama <No-one@microsoft.com> wrote:
    > You have no idea what sort of person I am, so if you don't like what I said
    > then don't read it Moron!

    So how do you propose we un-read what we didn't like? Sure, after finding
    out you're a thief-going-on-kook we can take protective measures.

    Or, we can just hang around and keep poking you to see if you blow.

    After all, if you don't like what I said, don't read it.

    "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
    @individual.net:

    > http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp

    Hrm,

    Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
    manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.

    notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or "for
    hire"

    Not arguing, just find it interesting.

    BeaglePig

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100 games
    >> then?
    >> Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is illegal.
    >> Check your facts first.
    >
    > Actually, backups (assuming you own the game) is not illegal.
    >
    > Modding, however, is due to the stupid DMCA.

    Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive is
    because that requires a chip.

    > "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
    > @individual.net:
    >
    >> http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
    >
    > Hrm,
    >
    > Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
    > manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.
    >
    > notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or "for
    > hire"
    >
    > Not arguing, just find it interesting.

    All that "for hire" and in the course of business" is all legal speak and I
    don't understand must of the technical jargon - typically what you see when
    you read an act. Its all very mind blowing trying to seperate the wheat from
    the chaff.

    >You have no idea what sort of person I am,

    Actually, I do have a pretty good idea.

    Zama wrote:
    > You have no idea what sort of person I am, so if you don't like what I said
    > then don't read it Moron!

    getting a pretty good idea the more you post. You IQ is in the negative
    now.....

    Zama wrote:
    > It doesn't hurt me, Moron!

    The real victim here is your children...My god!

    Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

    > Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive is
    > because that requires a chip.

    In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
    courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
    for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
    use.

    Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.

    Thoth <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:

    > Unless *you* are Microsoft (or analogous entity) you never "own" the game.
    > You purchase a license to use the software. The license you purchase says
    > something like: "Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission,
    > public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy
    > protection is strictly prohibited." So, backing up is at least "illegal" in
    > the sense that it's a breach of contract.

    There's a special clause in the copyright law that deals with computer
    software - which would cover XBox games - that explicitly states that you
    are entitled to make an archival copy for your own private use.

    Yes, yes, I've seen the "unauthroized copying prohibited" bit too. But
    there's a few things to consider. First, you are entitled to make that
    backup copy if you wish and second, no contract can ever take away your
    rights. Some places like to try to stick in various clauses to see if
    you'll go along with them. Of course this brings up the other sticky
    point...how does the company prove you have agreed to their contract since
    you never sign anything? And before anyone gets excited about thinking
    that software contracts are illegal, therefor it's mine to do with as I
    please, remember that there's a difference between *law* and a
    *contract*. Even without a contract, you're still bound to whatever local
    laws your area has regarding copyrights.

    Defiantly, when you are the one separate it out!

    > "BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
    > > "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in news:374b9gF55e9e3U1
    > > @individual.net:
    > >
    > >> http://www.elspa.com/piracy/legal/cdapa1988.asp
    > >
    > > Hrm,
    > >
    > > Intrusting from an academic point, the reference above seems to make the
    > > manufacturer and seller of these items a criminal, but the end user not.
    > >
    > > notice all the items say things like "in the course of a business" or
    "for
    > > hire"
    > >
    > > Not arguing, just find it interesting.
    >
    > All that "for hire" and in the course of business" is all legal speak and
    > don't understand must of the technical jargon - typically what you see
    when
    > you read an act. Its all very mind blowing trying to seperate the wheat
    from
    > the chaff.

    Interesting!

    > Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive
    >> is
    >> because that requires a chip.
    >
    > In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
    > courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
    > for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
    > use.
    >
    > Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.

    I doubt we will because there are more important crimes in the world.

    > Defiantly, when you are the one separate it out!

    I find it funny, you come here all to brag about your "100 games" in the
    hope of support and all you get is negative responses. Not so clever now is
    it?

    > MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> 100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
    >> financial advisor or something.
    >
    > Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
    > all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
    > steal them, too.

    Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura. Good
    idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.

    * Wurm wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

    > depends on the country you are in, and since when has legality had anything
    > to do with morals ;-). You also own your car, are you allowed to do whatever
    > you want to it?, correct sir, the answer is also no.

    What cant I do with my car? I can do whatever I want to it. The law
    states I may not be able to drive it on the streets if certain things
    are altered but I can change it however I like.

    --
    David
    Lunatic Asylum, n.:

    * BeaglePig wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

    >> Right so your financial advisor allowed you the $5,000 for the 100
    >> games then?
    >> Oh and by the way, modding and backing up games to hard drive is
    >> illegal. Check your facts first.

    > Ahhhh, and where did you get this information??? specifics please?

    > Modding your own Xbox is perfectly legal, you own it, you can rip it
    > apart, solder it, use it as a door stop, have it make coffee, whatever.

    > Backing up your games is perfectly within your rights according to fair
    > use.

    Depends completely on the license provided by the manufacturer, for
    instance, I believe MotoGP states specifically that you CANNOT make a
    backup copy but they will provide replcements to lost/stolen/damged
    disks at a cost of $10

    > Now show me where the above is illegal or even immoral.

    Check the games manual for more info, that fine print isnt there to
    fill pages.

    --
    David
    Buck-passing usually turns out to be a boomerang.

    * Beck wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

    > "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    >> Beck <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

    >>> Backing up games to disc is not, but the process of backing to hard drive
    >>> is
    >>> because that requires a chip.

    >> In that case, yes. However, it would be very entertaining to watch the
    >> courts strike down the DMCA when Microsoft tries to have someone arrested
    >> for copying a game they legitimatly own to the HDD for their own private
    >> use.

    >> Which, IANAL&IMHO, we'll never see someone arrested for *using* a modchip.

    > I doubt we will because there are more important crimes in the world.

    Yeah, like stealing MP3's or using bottorrent. So sayeth the MPAA, and
    the judge agreed.

    --
    David
    I hope I bought the right relish ... zzzzzzzzz ...

    Mattinglyfan wrote:
    > "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>MikeC <someone@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>100 games x $50 = $5000.00 Any moron who buys 100 games needs to have a
    >>>financial advisor or something.
    >>
    >>Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
    >>all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
    >>steal them, too.
    >

    > Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura. Good
    > idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.

    bad analogy :) your Honda is an Acura ;p

    "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    > Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

    >>>Which of course is why you steal them... Yeah, that's good logic. After
    >>>all, there's a lot of things I can't afford, so I guess I should just
    >>>steal them, too.
    >>

    >> Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura.
    >> Good idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
    >>

    > bad analogy :) your Honda is an Acura ;p

    Its not really a bad analogy. The OP's bootlegged games are still games.
    Anyway there are some people (like me) who will not be seen a Honda, but I
    will paint the town red in an Acura. Same for Dodge/Chrysler (and Jeep) and
    Chevy/Saturn.

    Green Shampoo wrote:
    > "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

    >>>Exactly, I am going to take my Pilot back to Honda and steal an Acura.
    >>>Good idea. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
    >>>

    >>bad analogy :) your Honda is an Acura ;p
    >

    > Its not really a bad analogy. The OP's bootlegged games are still games.
    > Anyway there are some people (like me) who will not be seen a Honda, but I
    > will paint the town red in an Acura. Same for Dodge/Chrysler (and Jeep) and
    > Chevy/Saturn.

    in the sense that he is going to trade it his ride in for "something
    better" when't it's really the same thing. Pretty superficial of you to
    let a little logo totally change your day.

    I would drive an Acura in some instances, say to buy an MDX because it's
    more aesthetically pleasing to me than a Pilot but not just because of
    the name, cuz it's a joke really. Or a G35 over a Maxima because of the
    styling. But to "not be seen" is a bold statement. Like an Acura is that
    much more premium than a Honda. Well I guess Acura/Honda depends on
    people like you. LOL, but they don't even market Acuras in Japan. If
    people there want to drive something "premium" they do it right and buy
    an MB or BMW. Cuz whether you driving an Acura or Honda, a Chrysler or
    Dodge, or a Nissan or Infiniti, you're still in the same status quo :)

Console Gaming Games Xbox Video Games