Resolution problems mw3

Arney1337

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hello, i run with a "24 monitor, but can only play with 1680x1250 which is "22. the highest it can find ingame is the 1680x1250, and not resolution 1920x1050 which is the original size. How can i fix this?

Arney1337

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Try putting your screen into 16:9 aspect ratio in game then save and exit.
Open up your steam directory.
Example from my pc:
X:\Steam\steamapps\common\MW3\Players\Multiplayerconfig.

Open the config with a text editor like word pad, find the resolution string, and type in your desired width and height, and also make sure the refresh ratio is at 60HZ.
Once you have set these values save and exit, then right click the CFG file and click read only.

Thanks for the great answer - i only got a map called players2, where i have the maps : save + config.cfg + config.mp.cfg + setting_c.zip.iw5 + setting_m.zip.iw5 + setting_s.zip.iw5.
I tried config.mp.cfg but couldnt find no string with resoltution( and yes i did an deep research)

- gonna try to reinstall now to see if that can fix the problem

Arney1337

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Try putting your screen into 16:9 aspect ratio in game then save and exit.
Open up your steam directory.
Example from my pc:
X:\Steam\steamapps\common\MW3\Players\Multiplayerconfig.

Open the config with a text editor like word pad, find the resolution string, and type in your desired width and height, and also make sure the refresh ratio is at 60HZ.
Once you have set these values save and exit, then right click the CFG file and click read only.

Why does i only have a folder called "Players2" and i dont have a multiplayerconfig.?

TRENDING THREADS