notlim981

Distinguished
Hi All,

I'm planing on moving my build (signature) from a creepy CM Elite 310 to a Corsair Carbide 300R. I turned the whole web upside-down about it. However, I'd like to hear from you guys using this case. My main concerns are it having good air flow and good cable management. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Milton.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i think that corsair case looks very good with good airflow and dust filters and cable management,it should fit your system just fine,it is a compact case, the choice is yours,its personal choice,i like corsair products in general,here is a product review

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_961&products_id=19706

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

yeah you can change to quiet led fans,no problem,the 400r looks quite a bit larger than the 300r case,it also has nice rubber inserts around the cable management holes,it is only a small increase in price also,..both cases are good,the choice is yours

airdeano

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
the case in general is a good case, the air-flow isn't the best. it needs some high-performance fans all throughout the case. if you are considering an air-cooled CPU, start off in the stock configuration. next take both front fans and place one on the bottom side panel (intake), and the second on the roof farthest forward (exhaust). retest temperature. found 4° better with no front fans. reason: the fan performane in the front is a great distance and the air flow gets severly weak past 180mm. the stock fans are loud @ 12v. moving to a sythe ap15 or noctua p12 fan in the front improves the temps and is quiet. something to think about.

if you get the corsair 300r

airdeano

notlim981

Distinguished
Thank airdeano for your review. I'm not really into water yet so your words are really something to bare in mind. The blue fan I'm considering to put on the front of the case is the Antec 140mm TwoCool, is it a quiet fan?

Once again thank you.