Can't remove synchronized web page from desktop settings

Version: XP Professional (recent upgrade in my office
from Windows 2000)

I inadvertently synchronized a web page on my desktop and
now want to remove it because it overrides my chosen
desktop background pic. When I go into Control Panel,
Display, Desktop, Customize Desktop, Web -- I see the url
and I have the options to either uncheck it or to delete
it altogether. I have done both numerous times, but each
time I click on "Apply" and "OK", close Display
Properties and go back in, the url has reappeared in the
list. No matter what I do, the url remains as 'checked'
item and I cannot get rid of it. I've had two co-workers
look at it and they are just as baffled.

I would truly appreciate advice if anyone has had the
same issue and "won the battle"!! Thanks!

Thanks to those who are looking at this problem for me.
I finally went into the registry and deleted the
references to the url there. That worked! This must be
some sort of problem with XP.

Thanks again!
Sandie