1200$ turbo cad 3d rendering machine

hi, i would like tobuild a machine according to the following specifications:
Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: about 1200$ - machine only

System Usage from Most to Least Important: 3D model rendering, 3d and 2d model creation using turbo cad software, graphic design and authoring, will not use it for gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Country: Israel

Overclocking: / No /

SLI or Crossfire:/ No


Additional Comments: aparat from usage stated below i would like this machine to load and respond very fast.
i think an SSD drive could be usefull for that purpose, right?

thanks !
9 answers Last reply
More about 1200 turbo rendering machine
  1. Do you have a link to the site you will be purchasing from? Besides the dollars vs shekels, pc hardware cost more in Israel as far as I know.
  2. Why_Me said:
    Do you have a link to the site you will be purchasing from? Besides the dollars vs shekels, pc hardware cost more in Israel as far as I know.


    Yeah the cost difference will greatly determine what hardware you're able to buy.
  3. hi guys, i can by hardware at great discount, so i guess prices will be pretty much like in the US. for example, i can get an I7-2600 cpu box for about 320$
  4. If you're going to be using US-based stores to get prices, try this for a build:

    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - $59.99
    PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W - $89.99
    Motherboard: Asus P8B WS - $219.99
    CPU: 3.3GHz Intel Xeon E3-1250 - $239.99
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
    RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - $89.99
    HD: Seagate Barracuda ST 500GB - $89.99
    Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - $17.99
    Video Card: ATI Fire Pro V5800 - $379.99

    Total: $1,199.92
  5. hi g-unit, and thank you for your reply.
    i have a few questions -
    from what iv'e read this xeon cpu performs quite the same a the i7- 2600k. would i get the same performance from an h67+i7 system as the system you proposed, assuming i keep al the other components in place. (hope that came out right, sorry for my bad english :))
    + would speding an extra 50$ on pny quadro fx 2000 make sence for this system?
    thanks again!
  6. flornkex said:
    hi g-unit, and thank you for your reply.
    i have a few questions -
    from what iv'e read this xeon cpu performs quite the same a the i7- 2600k. would i get the same performance from an h67+i7 system as the system you proposed, assuming i keep al the other components in place. (hope that came out right, sorry for my bad english :))
    + would speding an extra 50$ on pny quadro fx 2000 make sence for this system?
    thanks again!


    I've only ever heard good things about the really high end Quaddros and the mid-range Fire Pros. The low end Quaddros aren't worth spending the money on. If you're going to do that, just get a consumer / gaming card like the 560TI.

    I'd personally pick the Xeon over the 2600K but that motherboard will run both fine. The Xeon will save you $100 which you could put toward your GPU.
  7. hi g-unit
    it turns out that the asus board is not available in israel at all, and the xeon cpu is very hard to get, not outside a built system anyway.
    in that case, what alternative would you recommend? + please conceder an additional 200$ for 120GB SSD drive and 1TB HD (instead of the 500GB you offered)
    thanks!
  8. flornkex said:
    hi g-unit
    it turns out that the asus board is not available in israel at all, and the xeon cpu is very hard to get, not outside a built system anyway.
    in that case, what alternative would you recommend? + please conceder an additional 200$ for 120GB SSD drive and 1TB HD (instead of the 500GB you offered)
    thanks!


    Is there a store that you do buy from? It would help to know local availability to determine what you're able to buy.

    If you can't get a Xeon then stick with the 2600K and a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3H as your motherboard.
  9. ok will do.
    thanks alot for your help, it is much appreciated!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Rendering 3D Systems Product