Status
Not open for further replies.

rustaub

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I need help finding a case that conforms to M/B Asus P8Z77-V LK , (ATX form) and Intel Core i5-2500 processor. The Case shouldl be sturdy, quiet, well build, with sufficient room for cables, minimum 7 slots, USB 2.0 & 3.0 headers and USB 3.0 in front panel.
Though I'm not agamer I want decent graphics.I wonder what others have thought of the Altec Sonata Solo 2 and CM Storm Enforcer ?
Corsaire CArbide 500 R was suggested but I'm leary of the criticisms in the NewEgg reviews.
( My prior post's emphasis on number of included USB ports was erroneus insofar as I did not know that one could just add USB ports via a PCI card as long as a USB2.0/3.0 was on the M/B).

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Which of the critical comments concern you? I think pretty much every case in a reasonable price class will have its share of weaknesses. I recently migrated my last build from a HAF932 into a 500R case with no regrets. The only 'negatives' I can really think of are the somewhat flimsy drive-trays (when empty, that is) and it doesn't come with a motherboard speaker - which can easily be purchased separately.

If you look through the 1 and 2-star reviews, you'll see some ridiculous reasons for the low rating, like:
"I have to to give - 2 stars for the fact that it is not made in the USA" :ange:

Most other low reviews are due to rebate problems.

The Antec looks great too, but also has a number of 'cons' mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.