computer novice

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
I have an asus k53ta-bbr6 with a 6520g and a dedicated 6650m the system is supposed to be crossfired during high graphic applications but from the proformance i have seen it is not doing this. i do have enable dual graphics selected in my catalyst menu.

Thanks

Are you sure that laptop will do what you think it will and not just swap over to the faster video card automatically when it does something that needs it? I don't think it will use both cards, but will pick one or the other depending on the graphic load.

computer novice

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
even in dx11 games only the 6520g is activated and i am getting nowhere near the frame rates that the 6720g2 is supposedly able to put out. I do realize that the card only works with dx 10/11

I think your laptop has only the problem (again I think). What's best is you can ask ASUS technician to solve your probs.

And you experiencing this on one program or not? If yes which? It not may support hybrid crossfire...

+1^ not a good idea to overclock a laptop, unless it's made with beefy heat management in mind, it's designed for a pretty narrow heat range. Which is why so many laptop tend to cook themselves, aside from people clogging up the fan ducts with pillows and dust when it's in use.