Problem with newly bought card

Status
Not open for further replies.

argent42

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
So I just bought a new literally right after I installed and started playing games it wrecks itself. By wreck itself I mean while playing small parts of the screen become discolored and then black screen and then back to gameplay. This is doing it during all my games, after being sent back to the desktop it says that "AMD display drivers have crashed and has recovered".

The card in question is the non-reference model of the HIS Raedeon HD 6870.

Please help me

Edit:
Rest of my system if it helps
MB: MSI 870s-G46
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU: 500W OCZ

Solution
I don't know but in my knowledge HIS IceQ coolers has minimum problems these days.

Here are the things that may be the issues of your crash:
1. Microsoft DirectX® files may be outdated. Update to the latest DirectX files.
2. The motherboard, BIOS and chipset drivers may be outdated. Update them.
3. The Operating system is outdated or broken. Try Updating to the latest Service pack (SP) Of windows 7 or others.
4. Overclocked parts may cause Components instability. Try Running all hardware components at stock settings
5. Not inserting the GPU properly. Check it again.
6. Defective hardware. Make sure yours is OK, if you want to check them you can put yours on somebody else's system and test it there. If anything is defective replace it...
I don't know but in my knowledge HIS IceQ coolers has minimum problems these days.

Here are the things that may be the issues of your crash:
1. Microsoft DirectX® files may be outdated. Update to the latest DirectX files.
2. The motherboard, BIOS and chipset drivers may be outdated. Update them.
3. The Operating system is outdated or broken. Try Updating to the latest Service pack (SP) Of windows 7 or others.
4. Overclocked parts may cause Components instability. Try Running all hardware components at stock settings
5. Not inserting the GPU properly. Check it again.
6. Defective hardware. Make sure yours is OK, if you want to check them you can put yours on somebody else's system and test it there. If anything is defective replace it.
7. The CPU and/or GPU may be overheating. Check your temperatures always, for CPU 80 Celsius is considered hot and GPU 90 Celsius is considered hot. Try running all fan speeds to 100% When you have overheating issue.

Hope these things help... Good Luck.

Solution

argent42

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
1. Checked dxdiag have DirectX11 running
2. All MB related things are up to date
3. OS is fine and up to date
4. Haven't OC anything
5. Took and re-inserted properly
6. 9600gt runs just fine but 6870 doesnt
7. Ran temp programs niether GPU not CPU get over danger levels