Changing drive letters - question

I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior to
re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started going
through the motions in Device Manager.
A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what sort
of problems might arise doing this?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

    Use Disk Management to do this.
    Start>Run>(type) diskmgmt.msc>Right Click the drive>Change Drive Letter

    --
    Good Day
    River_Rat

    "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior to
    re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started going
    through the motions in Device Manager.
    A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what sort
    of problems might arise doing this?

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    XP Home SP2.
    P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

    Thanks, I know that. What's this warning that comes up that the drive may
    not function afterwards?

    --
    "River_Rat" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    > Use Disk Management to do this.
    > Start>Run>(type) diskmgmt.msc>Right Click the drive>Change Drive Letter
    >
    > --
    > Good Day
    > River_Rat
    >

    > "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior to
    > re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started
    > going
    > through the motions in Device Manager.
    > A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what
    > sort
    > of problems might arise doing this?
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

    ...er correction, I meant programs may not function afterwards.

    --
    > Thanks, I know that. What's this warning that comes up that the drive may
    > not function afterwards?
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "River_Rat" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    >> Use Disk Management to do this.
    >> Start>Run>(type) diskmgmt.msc>Right Click the drive>Change Drive Letter
    >>
    >> --
    >> Good Day
    >> River_Rat
    >>

    >> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    >> I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior
    >> re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started
    >> going
    >> through the motions in Device Manager.
    >> A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what
    >> sort
    >> of problems might arise doing this?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter.
    >> Toronto, Canada.
    >> XP Home SP2.
    >> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

    That is a standard warning, I have changed mine several times with no
    problem.
    What programs do you have installed on your ROM drives.

    --

    ...er correction, I meant programs may not function afterwards.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    XP Home SP2.
    P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I know that. What's this warning that comes up that the drive may
    > not function afterwards?
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "River_Rat" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    >> Use Disk Management to do this.
    >> Start>Run>(type) diskmgmt.msc>Right Click the drive>Change Drive Letter
    >>
    >> --
    >> Good Day
    >> River_Rat
    >>

    >> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    >> I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior
    >> re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started
    >> going
    >> through the motions in Device Manager.
    >> A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what
    >> sort
    >> of problems might arise doing this?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter.
    >> Toronto, Canada.
    >> XP Home SP2.
    >> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

    No programs per se, I thought that maybe there would be a drivers problem or
    something similar.

    --
    > That is a standard warning, I have changed mine several times with no
    > problem.
    > What programs do you have installed on your ROM drives.
    >
    > --
    > Good Day
    > River_Rat
    >

    > "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > ..er correction, I meant programs may not function afterwards.
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, I know that. What's this warning that comes up that the drive
    >> may
    >> not function afterwards?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter.
    >> Toronto, Canada.
    >> XP Home SP2.
    >> P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    >> "River_Rat" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    >>> Use Disk Management to do this.
    >>> Start>Run>(type) diskmgmt.msc>Right Click the drive>Change Drive Letter
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Good Day
    >>> River_Rat
    >>>

    >>> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    >>> I want to chnage the drive letters of my CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives prior
    >>> re-partitioning my HDD. I haven't attempted to do it yet but started
    >>> going
    >>> through the motions in Device Manager.
    >>> A warning comes up that malfunctions may occur if I continue.... what
    >>> sort
    >>> of problems might arise doing this?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Peter.