Sign in with
Your question

Acer AX3400G-U4802

Last response: in Components
June 9, 2012 1:32:43 AM

Ok so i have an Acer AX3400G-u4802 and i bought a new graphics card but the psu sucks and i want a new one so far ive been looking and cant seem to find a psu that will fit. I need help finding one thats greater then 220w but will fit in my psu.

More about : acer ax3400g u4802

a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2012 7:08:38 AM

Your Acer is a slim case & unless you bought a low profile graphics card, it also wont fit in your case.
Did you buy a low profile graphics card?
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2012 8:29:45 AM

Since this is a SFF case, I think that the PSU is either proprietary, or is a mATX PSU.
Related resources
June 9, 2012 2:35:31 PM

Well I did get a low profile card I made sure but what's proprietary? I'm new to computers.
June 9, 2012 3:10:58 PM

Well Ive been visiting websites that claim they have a psu for it but most I see are boxes opposed to my rectangular psu
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2012 11:55:29 PM

Ivanooz said:
Well I did get a low profile card I made sure but what's proprietary? I'm new to computers.

Proprietary means "custom made for" and will not fit for others.

Ivanooz said:
Well Ive been visiting websites that claim they have a psu for it but most I see are boxes opposed to my rectangular psu

Please put the link & we will help check. & it will also help if you can give the dimension of the PSU in your case. If you can not find it in the specifications, do actual measurement and post it here.
June 14, 2012 9:02:43 PM

Well I can't exactly measure but I opened up my case and I have a liteon ps5221-9AB.
June 15, 2012 2:03:03 AM

I looked up my psu and it looks weird but it said 20 x 9 x 5,2 mm
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 2:18:04 AM

Ivanooz said:
I looked up my psu and it looks weird but it said 20 x 9 x 5,2 mm

Yeah... that's weird. Maybe it is cm? If cm it will translate to: 7.87 x 3.54 x 2.0 which is more reasonable. But I think its better for you to do actual measurement to be sure.
June 15, 2012 2:20:27 AM

What do I use to measure?
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2012 5:27:09 AM

A straight rule or tape measure. Preferably in Inches. You need to measure the height, length & width of your PSU to compare with the one I posted.
June 22, 2012 6:53:32 AM

Can I buy a new case and put my pc into it?
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 8:00:51 AM

Yes, you can.

But I guess it is more trouble than just replacing the PSU. You need to unplug all the PC case connectors (HDD & power LED's & power button, reset button, speaker, mic ) from the motherboard. And after your install the motherboard to the new case, you have to connect the HDD & power LED's & power button, reset button, speaker, mic of the new case to it. That is quite challenging if you are new to PC building.

But if you have a friend who can help you, a new case will open a lot of new upgrade options for you like bigger PSU, more powerful graphics card, etc...
!