FRIENDLY USER INTERFACE WELCOME SCREEN

September 29, 2004 3:41:32 PM

after adding my computer to a domain, i my "friendly user
interface" welcome screen was replaced with a "classic"
welcome screen. then, i removed my computer from that
domain, but the welcome screen is still in classic mode.

when i try to change the option back by checking
the "change the way users log on or off, i get an error
that reads:

"A recently installed program has disabled the Welcome
screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these
features, you must uninstall the program. The following
file name might help you identify the program that made
the change: iwpdgina.dll"

That file, iWPDGina.dll is indeed in my windows/system32/
folder, but i have no idea how it got there. Neither
google nor windows have ever heard of it either.

Anybody have any ideas?
September 29, 2004 6:05:37 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;817142

aaron