Jun 9, 2012
Well, this are my sistem specs:
Phenom II X4 955 BE w/ Hyper 212+
ASUS M4A785T-M
Kingston HyperX DDR3 4 Gb 1333 Mhz
Noisy PSU
Samsung spinpoint 1TB 7200 rpm
Cooler Master 430 Elite

I want to upgrade some of this sistem. The PSU could be a problem, it's very noisy and the cables are very short specially the +12V 4 Pin it doesn't reach the top of the motherboard so i need sugetions about a new PSU. Quiet, reliable, long cables (4+4 Pin and 24 Pin). Something not to expensive, i don't have too much budget.
Here in my country, the PSU are very expensive, im talking about Thermaltake TR2 500 W at 80 Dollars aprox, everything is expensive, videocards, Cases, PSU, motherboards. Its a pain to build a nice rig.
Currently im running onboard graphics, sucks for gaming. So i don't need too much power. What videocard will botleneck this sistem?, i want to know to get the right videocard in the future.

Other thing I really don't like my case, i was thinking about the NZXT Tempest 410 or the H2, but i only was looking opinions about these, and a PSU with long cables, so the 4+4 Pin won't be a problem in these cases.

Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks

If you had linked me to a store I would have picked a PSU for you, but I'll just recommend one. For nice long cables and a reliable quiet PSU look at the Corsair Enthusiast Series. Something like the TX550

D

Deleted member 217926

The Thermaltake TR2 is NOT a good power supply. Try to avoid it.

You can run just about any graphics card you want with that system. Pretty much you are only limited by budget although if you go very high end it would help to overclock your CPU.

Any single graphics card system can run fine on a 550w power supply.

Try to get a Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec power supply. It is hard to find a bad model of those brands.

A list of power supply requirements by card for when you do decide on one.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for the information, I think i will choose Cooler Master, the other brand are very difficult to get around here, but I like the Corsair CX series, i'll try to get the corsair one.

What do you guys think about the NZXT Tempest 410 Elite, or de H2, here in my country cost about 110-120 bucks, very expensive, it might be cheaper if I order it from newegg or amazon.

D

Deleted member 217926

CoolerMaster is also not a good brand of power supplies.

Newegg.com only ships to the US and newegg.ca to Canada. Amazon may be available where you are.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Mmm I'm running out of options, Cooler Master and Thermaltake PSU are one of the "Best" PSU here in my city, of course some products of Corsair and Seasonic but they're really expensive, like 2000 3000 Pesos MXN. But i'll try to find corsair CX series.

I have a question about my motherboard ASUS M4A785T-M, it can handle mid range videocards like 6850 or 6670 from asus and gigabyte? Or do i need to improve the motherboard? I'm not a hardcore gamer, but i want to play games smoothly in mid of maybe high settings. Or what videocard would you recommend, based on my MB and processor.

Thanks again, and apologize me for my english Ha

This is the online store where i bought some hardware, it's in spanish, also the prices are in Mexican Pesos, but as you can see,
i'm very limited with the branding and prices
http://www.pcel.com/

D

Deleted member 217926

Your motherboard is fine with any graphics card you want to run. The power supply is what's important when considering a graphics card.

Your English is better than my Spanish! Hablo un poquito de espanol! :)

Some other brands not common here in the US you might have access to that are decent quality.

AZZA, BeQuiet, Cougar ( HEC ), CWT, SuperFlower, Tagan, Kingwin, NZXT and Rosewill.

They are for the most part not as good as the brands I listed above except CWT, SuperFlower and Kingwin. SuperFlower actually makes all of Kingwin's power supplies and CWT makes some excellent models for Corsair. Some Rosewills and the NZXT Hale are pretty good as well.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

No is not the only place, but the prices, are pretty much the same here. It's to get an idea.

About the case i really like the Tempest 410 Elite or non elite version:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146080

The price here is like 1600 Pesos MXN, maybe 110 dollars. It's a good price for that case (Tempest 410 Elite)? The H2 (Similar) It's arround the same price.

D

Deleted member 217926

NZXT cases are usually pretty good. I have not used that model to tell you for sure.