Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Xbox 360 graphics power vs gtx 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 109 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 2:15:54 PM

The xbox gpu is the nvidia 7600gt i believe. So the 560 has way better performance.
Score
December 23, 2011 2:19:00 PM

In terms of raw performance, the GTX 560 bro. Will max out every game that's on both PC/360 platforms. 360 set graphic-settings are pretty bad. But of course it's an old console now.

In terms of market power, 360 wins cuz of the big market it has. But in the end, Microsoft wins either way heh.

Are you deciding on getting a 360 or a video card?

Edit ---
Dont forget compatibility though. Games like gtaiv and bad company 2 seem to be more compatible with the console due to pc-porting fails.
Score
Related resources
a c 144 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 2:26:00 PM

the first gen xbox were using nvidia graphic but xbox 360 were using ATI's. i'm not really sure the graphic being used in xbox 360 but if i'm not mistaken it was something that comparable (in term of performance) to the graphic unit that being used in PS3 (the RSX which was based on nvidia 7800 series core). so if you're comparing something that are comparable to nvidia 7800 series to gtx560 you will now which one is superior.
Score
December 23, 2011 2:36:14 PM

Quote:
Bad company 2 is extremely well ported....

I'm going to take that as a sarcastic remark. I had horrible BC2 performance on low settings, and my specs aren't the worst, certainly better than a 360.
Score
a c 109 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 2:48:26 PM

Quote:
Not sarcastic at all.
BC2 needs a decent quad core and a powerful DX11 GPU.
If you fail to have those then what do you expect?
Your specs are not exactly blistering ;) 
I have no issues at all with BC2 but my pc is far more powerful.

imma add you on steam now....a bit off topic but what did you use to get 5ghz?
Score
a c 358 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 2:49:43 PM

The graphics card in the Xbox 360 is archaic compared to current video cards.

However, the good things about the Xbox 360 are:

1. The platform does not change so gaming developers can fine tune the graphics and optimize the code for whatever CPU it has.

2. All games are at most 720p and then it is stretched to fit a 1080p screen. 720p is rather low and does not require as much processing power if the games were actually rendered at 1080p resolution.

3. Since hardware is always the same, developers do not push the performance envelop too much or else no one can play the games. For example there is no such thing as DirectX 10 or 11 for the Xbox. On the PC end, something new and powerful is always coming out so developers tend to push technology.
Score
a c 159 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 2:49:46 PM

Quote:
Not sarcastic at all.
BC2 needs a decent quad core and a powerful DX11 GPU.
If you fail to have those then what do you expect?
Your specs are not exactly blistering ;) 

If that game runs fine on an XBOX360, and dogs on a PC that is 2 or more times faster, that's a bad port.
Score
December 23, 2011 2:55:01 PM

Quote:

Exactly, you have a system some stories higher than the 360. But something tells me that if a pc system at equal technical specs as the xbox 360 cannot handle the game even at the lowest settings, then the game was not well-optimized for PC. I think that's called a sketchy port.
Score
December 23, 2011 2:58:43 PM

so telling me to go with a video card instead of xbox360..but in xbox i can see games with rich graphics than pc whats the reason..
Score
a c 159 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 3:04:00 PM

vishalaestro said:
so telling me to go with a video card instead of xbox360..but in xbox i can see games with rich graphics than pc whats the reason..

Depends on the game and what settings you are using. You turn off options in a PC it will look like you're running it on a PS1.
Score
December 23, 2011 3:11:59 PM

vishalaestro said:

If 360 graphics looks nicer to you, get a 360. If you like playing with a controller, get a 360. If you don't like upgrading cards every 2 years or getting extra parts like a PSU to match your power hungry graphics card get a 360. If you don't know anything about CPUs and would rather not learn about them, get a 360. If your friends all have 360s and you wanna play some MW3 with them, get a 360. etc.

@Recon-UK, I wasn't referring to your system, 70FPS is super good. Just saying for the rest of us who have slightly better specs than the 360, we should be able to play the same game without problems, given it's a good port.
Score
a c 358 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 3:28:06 PM

If you think Xbox 360 looks better then go for it.

Personally, I can't stand console games. However, I find that the boxing game for the Wii is kinda fun and gives a good workout. Makes a good substitute for shadowboxing. If they could only design a boxing game that makes use of the feet as well...
Score
December 23, 2011 3:38:23 PM

Yea simplicity is good. Remember though that if you do get an xbox, it's $60 to play online for a year.

Btw, are we being trolled? Cuz OP is a veteran TH poster, asking about similarities between 360 and PC
Score
a c 358 U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 3:54:36 PM

markusaurileus said:
Yea simplicity is good. Remember though that if you do get an xbox, it's $60 to play online for a year.

True, but online gaming for PCs can be expensive as well. I was looking forward to SWTOR a couple of years ago until I found out it was going to be an MMO only game with a $15 monthly fee on top of paying $50 or $60 for the game itself. Playing month by month, that works out to $180 a year just to be online. Yeah, yeah you can buy a 6 month subscription for around $78, but that still works out to $156 per year.
Score
December 23, 2011 3:59:25 PM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
Score
!