Italy Travel

Has anyone been to Italy lately?

Is it easy to buy a TIM SIM card at the airport or better to get one here
(USA) before I leave. I got one of those Italy Finance numbers just incase.

Thank You
Joe
2 answers Last reply
More about italy travel

    ET wrote:
    > Has anyone been to Italy lately?
    >
    > Is it easy to buy a TIM SIM card at the airport or better to get one
    here
    > (USA) before I leave. I got one of those Italy Finance numbers just
    incase.

    Yes to everything. Check out www.prepaidgsm.net. TIM and Vodafone have
    kiosks in the domestic terminal at Rome. Didn't fine a Wind kiosk
    there. There is little need to pay the premium to buy the SIM before
    you go.

    Donald Newcomb
    DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

    The two lead hosts of prepaidgsm.net are Italians. They both speak very
    good English. I second Don's suggestion.

    Stu\

    "Donald N" <d_r_newcomb@my-deja.com> wrote in message

    > ET wrote:
    >> Has anyone been to Italy lately?
    >>
    >> Is it easy to buy a TIM SIM card at the airport or better to get one
    > here
    >> (USA) before I leave. I got one of those Italy Finance numbers just
    > incase.
    >
    > Yes to everything. Check out www.prepaidgsm.net. TIM and Vodafone have
    > kiosks in the domestic terminal at Rome. Didn't fine a Wind kiosk
    > there. There is little need to pay the premium to buy the SIM before
    > you go.
    >
    > Donald Newcomb
    > DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

GSM