Sign in with
Your question

HWmonitor incorrect?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 9, 2012 12:27:27 PM

Okay, so basically my PC has started crashing, a lot. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix this. Now, I've tried monitoring my temperatures on my PC with HWmonitor, it looks like this:

This is just after I crashed in diablo 3, after a quick reboot.

The temperature TMPIN0 is very high, is this a false reading? (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/307346-10-monitor-t...) (This forum post states that this is simply a wrong reading)

How do I find "true" readings?
Which program should I use to monitor temperature?
How to fix my PC, do I need a new fan or upgrade hardware to fix the issues I've at the moment?

Regards!

(PC specs:
Intel Core i7 CPU - 920 2.66 GHz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
1 TB Hard drive )

More about : hwmonitor incorrect

a c 283 à CPUs
June 9, 2012 6:03:30 PM

It's either a false reading, or the voltage regulator temp. If it's the voltage regulators, they run very warm, so that temp wouldn't surprise me, especially on an OEM system where the mobo is unlikely to have heatsinks on the VRM's. That shouldn't really cause the crashing problem though.

Aside from that, your temps look perfectly normal.
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2012 6:13:36 PM

I'd guess it's the CPU socket temperature and probably a false reading. Check your BIOS for what it says.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 10, 2012 1:35:05 AM

+ 1 for the VRMs or false/fake readings. i have seen VRMs on cheap boards idle at 100 C... insane right.. throw a fan over by your VRMS to see if that drops that temp a bit. though they high temps on the VRMS shouldnt really hurt anything unless your are doing some CRAZY OC. and if you are on a cheap board there is your crashing issue.
a b à CPUs
June 10, 2012 1:36:33 AM

as for the crashing issue more details would be nice as it could be anything inside ur pc acting up, overheating issues, or even software conflicts.
June 10, 2012 6:24:39 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking into the problems tomorrow (cleaning up my PC and inserting new graphics card)

Regards!
!