Audio cracks or slows down

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hi,

I just installed an Asus Xonar STX and now I am noticing that there are instances that audio slows down or cracks when doing activities like opening a new tab or window in a browser or in windows explorer. It happens quite often and is irritating. I mean CPU, RAM, GPU usage is down low and it happens (Im not even running SLI)

I am using Windows 7 x64 and virus scan of McAffee. My other specs are in my sig.

I hope someone can help me with this. (I also hope that my components aren't dying)

Oh yeah I am also using the headphone out to my HD558. I have also noticed it a few times with the RCA out (but dont use my speakers much).

Thanks very much.

Everlast

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Hi i also have the same problem. Whenever i click a tab from google chrome, or minimize/maximize a window or do anything that makes my cpu act up or memory it crackles, pops and slows down. So i really am interested in knowing a solution. I've changed drivers, unchecked all enhancements in audio device and also lowered down even the quality of my sound to no avail. Im thinking it must be an update of windows 7 that messed something up! Im thinking its a software issue but dont know how to fix it! If you found the solution plz reply