Mobo upgrade for ancient hardware.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello I have an HP presario a819n as apperent by the specs in my signature, I tried upgrading the system as much as possible with the current PCI only motherboard.

I need a new motherboard -_- BUT! I don't want to spend alot.

It needs to be compatible with my DDR1 RAM and the Pentium 4 I plan to use my current PSU and Hard drive and everything else.

Most importantly it MUST have a PCI-Express slot and for the final price of!!! *Dramatic pause 50$!!!

I don't care for all of that other useless crap in new motherboards. Just one that I can use with my current hardware but has the ability to use a mid-range GPU something like an HD radeon 4500 or Geforce 460.

No site preference, and thank you for your time. :D

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

even if you find a motherboard it probably wont fit in your hp case all the oems are guilty of putting custom mobos and layouts in cases designed specifically for them. check the local charity bin you will probably find a complete system or even ebay nobody wants those parts they have no value so you should be able to get a full system with similar specs for 50 bucks. i just threw a dell p4 2.8 hyperthreader system in the bin if i had that i would have sold the whole lot for 50 bucks.in other words it shouldnt be hard!!

tlmck

Distinguished

ericmet

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
As stated above, you will not find the mobo you're looking for. I think it is time for you to upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it is great to be able to hold on to a system for so long in our disposable society, but there is a limit as to what you can do if you want to run anything current.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Yeah I knew it was hopeless... Well I could probably buy some RAM just 1GB to start with but Will I still be able to use my pentium then upgrade it in the future to like a core 2 duo or i7?