Sign in with
Your question

ATI radeon hd 4650

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2011 6:01:30 PM

Hi , I know that this is an old issue but I just formated my vaio laptop wth th ati radeon hd 4650 graphic card. Since sony doesnt let me update my video card myself from ati catalyst I went on sony support to download the drivers there. The only version of driver avaible is the 2009 version and I can't upgrade past that because when I try on catalyst it says it's not supported on my computer and on sony website theres only one driver and no update...

ps : sorry for bad english.

More about : ati radeon 4650

December 23, 2011 6:24:09 PM

I just managed to install catalyst pro control center but when I try to upgrade drivers it still says to me that I can't upgrade them..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2011 6:36:45 PM

Its an old card most likely 2009 was the last driver update
m
l
Related resources
December 23, 2011 8:12:51 PM

I did download fo the correct OS and still no success , the latest update for this driver is 11.14 and i'm still on version 8 :(  I downloaded it and it still says its not compatible with my computer..
m
l
March 28, 2012 10:45:39 PM

I have the same problem. I tried every version above 9.7 and still nothing. I've downloaded driver for ATI Radeon hd4650 mobility and the other one. No success. From the information about the driver there is mentioned HD 4650.

Sorry for my english, and also for refreshed old topic.
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 12:16:23 AM

Laptop graphics card cannot use the generic graphic drives from AMD or nVidia most of the time. You must use the graphics drivers provided by whatever brand name you bought the laptop from because most of the time they are custom drivers. So if you have a Dell laptop, you must use the drivers from Dell's website. If they have not updated the drivers since 2009, then there is nothing you can do. That is one of many downsides of buying a laptop instead of a desktop.
m
l
March 29, 2012 11:30:49 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have Sony Vaio VGN-FW41E/H. Now i know everything. I also have a PC so it is not a problem
m
l
!