Dell XPS 8300 Open Box $499

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volman10

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hello all, I'm looking for some input on whether to make this purchase or not based solely on the value that this system has. I had been planning to build my own system and had been compiling a parts list when I came across this offer. I am a student looking for a solid PC that I can begin to move away from console gaming with.

The system details.
Dell XPS 8300
Core i7-2600
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
8 GB of RAM
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
1 GB ATI Radeon HD 6770 GPU
General Dell XPS 8300 Power Supply

With my limited experience it seems that the GPU may be a little on the light side, but at the price I really don't know that I could do better. Let me know what you all think and thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
What games do you play? Most games would play fine in mid (and a few high) settings with a 6770.

Your cpu is more than enough for pretty much anything, lol.

If you were to upgrade your graphics card in the (hopefully far :p) future, you will probably need a psu upgrade.

Anyways looks fine to me! Have fun!

Newt183

Volman10

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the quick response Blarg.
From what I can find it looks like it has a 460 w PSU. I cannot find much about the MOBO, but on the forums it appears to be a Dell manufactured "0Y2MRG".

newt183

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
What games do you play? Most games would play fine in mid (and a few high) settings with a 6770.

Your cpu is more than enough for pretty much anything, lol.

If you were to upgrade your graphics card in the (hopefully far :p) future, you will probably need a psu upgrade.

Anyways looks fine to me! Have fun!

Newt183

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.