Intake fan not spinning

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Case : Codegen midi tower E6099-CA
MBO: Gigabyte MA770-UD3 rev 1.0
GPU:Force3D HD 5770 1GB
PSU:Fortron BlueStorm II 500W

So i recently purchased a new 120mm fan since my intake fan before that was 80mm now below the cd driver i put out the plastic covers and installed it there

my HDD temps have gone up so is my card idle and load(idle 55C load bf3 80C),hard drive is high but still ok...

i have 2 fans in the front as an intake,one is 80 the other 120,i have one up which is 80 and other all the way back 120 (both exhaust)

now usually my 80 intake fan used to spin sometimes when the heat would go up,that fan and the one all the way up came with the case,120's are built in later by me,the front one goes only to 1000rpm now when i installed the new 120 intake the 80 one stopped spinning,all the fans are plugged into SYS_FAN except for the one i purchased today(the 120 one intake) which is in PWR plug.I tried turning off the System fan smart control in BIOS didn't work,any help?

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Since i bought my pc i always had cooling problems,always had high temps but not too high,same is happening with CPU,replaced thermal paste cleaned the cooler(stock AMD) and it still idles at 48 when browsing and such i also had to decrease voltage by -0.050V in BIOS to keep the temps below 65C usually it was higher(AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0ghz not OC-ed)

not to nit pick but how is stating the fact that you improperly set up your case cooling helpful?

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
it looks like this

mu6ms992lxch9ffxa9ik.jpg

Rumbletum

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I am somewhat confused about which fan is not spinning. If its the new 120mm then perhaps it is faulty? Try conneting to sys fan rather than pwr to see if it works from there.

Cheers

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
the 80 one is not spinning anymore ,used to spin but not all the time only when i would open something with a higher resource usage

(80 is the blue one on the picture)

Rumbletum

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
With the exception of my graphics card , my temps at idle are about 32degress. Thats with 1 fan in the front and two at the back. The case has side vents. The two rear vents are exhaust vents pulling air through the side vents and from the front. None seem to be fitted to the sys fan power source

Your computer looks to be running way too hot if idling at 50degress or therabouts, as mine doesn't reach that even under load. Thats even with the big beast of a graphics card which can go up to about 65 degrees when I am gaming hard.

So I think you have two problems which may or may not be related. Firstly base temps which are just too high, and then the issue of your 80mm fan. The advice I was given many years ago was :-
To place the intake at the front near the bottom of the case and the exhaust higher up at the rear,
To balance the airflow, i.e. don't pull in air faster than you can get rid of it out of the back.

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

my setup is exactly like that,one intake 80mm(at least it was until i put 120mm intake) at the bottom front and one exhaust 120mm at the rear(coolermaster fan)+ one exhaust on the top,even when the 80mm worked in the front the temps were high...

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
are there such things as putting new paste on GPU's?(in other words,things to lower gpu temperature,i tried running 100% fan in ccc for my gpu,even though its quiet as hell the temperature didnt go down at all,maybe the ccc is glitched and wont control the fan?)

runnaky

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
are these cpu coolers any good,i cant make up my mind for which one should i take in the near future,i dont plan on massive oc-ing just like from 3.0 to 3.2 maybe a little bit more but in like 1 year or so...
(AM2+ socket)
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/3/freezer-13.html
http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001720
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Spire/Thermax_II/

TRENDING THREADS