Vinceg23

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I was recently trying to strip down some old computer parts to put together an OK machine the computer that I got too was the Gateway 500GR, I was almost complete putting in all the RAM when I turned it on after putting the Graphics Card in it just made a deafening High Pitched noise.

I thought that I may have not seated it correctly so I turned the computer off and checked, It was completely in their.

I'm wondering if it is the computer not being compatible because it does have intergrated graphics that I was going to have to find someway to turn it off

I was just trying to get the graphics card to run a few games on low for my little cousin and the intergrated graphics couldn't run most flash games on anything more than 5 FPS...

If you have any other ideas why this Graphics Card may not be working appropiately in my computer I would be very thankful.

Did you plug the power to the card in. There should be a 6-pin plug on the far end of the board(opposite of the DVI/VGA plugs)

Thats the last time i heard a Nvidia card scream at me.

Your card may or may not have a shroud to the end, but the plug should be there.
9800gta.jpg