Building my first WHS 2011 server & I have a couple questions I need help with (I think this is it):
1. Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel
Note: I like this motherboard, but noticed that it doesn't provide "onboard video" (i.e. Intel z68), which I need. Can you recommend an ASUS motherboard preferably (or another one) that is comparable to this one with "Intel z68"?
2. RAM: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
I’m assuming this is ASUS recommended RAM – Right?
3. Computer Case
Can you suggest a computer case that supports "Micro-AIX" that would support my motherboard & WHS 2011 proposed configuration below?
WHS 2011 – proposed configuration
CPU: Intel Core i5-2405S
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel (need Intel z68 – onboard video)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
Note: I’m assuming this memory ASUS recommended RAM.
Case: Fractal Designs Array R2 Mini ITX (need a Micro ATX case to support motherboard)
Storage: WD Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB (x2)
OS Storage: WD Caviar Green WD10EARX 1TB
OS: Windows Home Server 2011
* Powerful enough to support media streaming and transcoding (real time video conversion and streaming from one format to another)...example: Core i5 or better.
* Onboard video is required. I don’t want to have to install a video card
* Support for DDR 3 Memory
* Low power consumption...as it will be on 24x7
* Gigabit Ethernet Only (Dual ports is a nice to have)
* No less than 4 SATA ports
* Here are some of the nice to haves:
a. USB 3.0
b. 6Gb SATA
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!