Sign in with
Your question

Half-length, Half-height PCIe GFX cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2011 8:28:16 PM

Does anyone know any passively cooled, half-length, half-height PCIe GFX cards?

Preferably one that is capable of 1080p playback..

Thanks and MERRY XMAS! :) 
December 24, 2011 10:37:45 AM

Not sure what my CPU and RAM would matter, but ok...

I would like to use the following piece of kit:

HP Proliant MicroServer

with 8GB RAM, SSD Boot Drive and a few data drives.

On the website and on the DataSheet it says it has one x16 half-height, half-length PCIe slot.

So no, I am not referring to a low profile card; I am asking if there is a half-length, half-height PCIe GFX card.

It will be used only for HD playback, no games and would preferably be silent [passively cooled] and in addition it will have to be Nvidia as I'm using FreeBSD and it doesn't support KLM, therefore no AMD :( 

Something like a half-length, low-profile Nvidia GeForce 210 would be ideal.

Sorry, i should have been more specific in my original post. Thanks for the link though, looks like a great deal, just not for me.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Related resources
December 24, 2011 1:03:34 PM

I get that this is a low-profile i.e. half-height card. But is it "half-length"?

I've never heard of this "half-length" thing before, so i'm not sure if any of these cards are half-length. They all look normal sized to me. :/ 

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a great deal, and much better suited to my needs.. Will keep digging around to see if it will fit..

Thanks again.
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 24, 2011 1:20:17 PM

As an alternative you can always measure the case/PCI-E slot to see if it will fit with the cards specs.

It looks to me like your case is a mini tower.So it should fit any single slot card low profile card.I think HP just worded it differently.
!