Closed Solved

Nibitor cannot find my gtx 560

Hi all. I am running Win7 64 bit and 2 GTX 560 This is not my first stop!! I have tried every suggestion and many versions of nibitor NVFlash,and a few others To try to Read to actual bios on my cards Nibitor will " Partially" read a bios file generated from GPU-Z all it says is the card maker (Asus), the Bios Version, the date and device id: (unsupported) 1201 and absolutely no information in any of the tabs below Mem, Volts,Timing et al
Cant connect to service manager is my error code?
My cards have different bioses and nibitor wont read either one of them

Years ago I used nibitor and nvflash many times succesfully but nibitor always found my bios itself. I see lots of other people with the same problem. We may all be making the same mistake. I even tried making a boot disk for nflash that didnt work either.
My brain is mush by now
can anybody help
Thanks

If this is posted in the wrong area I apologize
just let me know and I will try to do better with the mush that used to be my brain
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nibitor find
  1. I don't know anything about the Nibitor but I found a link to here on tom's hardwear. Maybe this might help or not But I wish you Good luck

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-graphics-card,1916-6.html
  2. Hi Thank you for the reply and the link. but if my answer is in there, I cant find it Those Bios screens are beautifull but I cant get to them. I cant get nibitor to do anything but partially read a GPU-Z copy of a Bios even then NIBITOR screen comes up with most fields empty and driver errors. Basicly I Download it I install it and it does nothing. It Never Reads My Card Directly. If I use GPU-Z to create a bios file then nibitor will find it when I tell it where it is and display almost nothing of value I dont even Know if ALL the info of the Bios is on the file from GPU-Z But I think it is it recognizes my card and gives lots of info , driver failure, cant connect, ran as administrator installed as administrator la la la la I ramble but thanks for trying What do you think about my loading an XP OS and doing it all from there Jeez you know that just might work I just thought of that right now. Let me know what you think.

I have done all this before in XP and just recently threw out the floppy discs darn
    But if I am missing something simple let me know cause operator error is a distinct possibility

Thanks
  3. Support for the 560 was added in March, 2011 (Ver 6.01). If it's newer than that, it should work. The only place I can send ya for answers is here:

http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,34/func,showcat/catid,13/
  4. Hi Jack and DM Both you guys are right on the money with links
    Dm's link brought me to the exact screen I get with GPU-Z` then I would click the green flag generate and save a bios and rename .bin or .rom tried em both for a good measure stilll nibitor cant read it.
    Nothing is overclocked nothing is preloading vid card settings.
    It may all be too much for me right now Its a brand new build for me Win7, ie5, SSD drive, sata burner, no floppies,
    I really feel its operator error Im missing something simple

Ive created a bootable USB drive with some HP software which boots to itself
    and installed 3 nvflash versions at different times so as not to confuse them ( dos screens are so basic
    I didnt want to confuse my self with 3 differant versions at once)
    Then I booted to the USB and tried running NVFlash
    5.7 was the only one that ran at all but I could not get it to list "adapters in system" or anything else
    In the Years past I was into the Bios via nvflash all was well
    I am thinking it wasnt even reading the card at all
    operator error may be the fault here my dos commands are rusty to say the least.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know

Whats driving me is I have 2 ASUS GTX 560 and they both have different Bios Versions and I want to SEE THEM see whats different
    Years ago I had 2 ViD cards same GPU but different AMTs of RAM and modded one of bios memory Amts so they would run in SLI
    I downgraded 1 with 512mb too 256mb to match the other and they ran fine
    A downgrade but my first SLI
    so it bothers me I cant even read these bIoses

Dont be shy Im ready to learn youre time wont be wasted
    Any more ideas
  5. 4cpus2hot said:
    Hi Thank you for the reply and the link. but if my answer is in there, I cant find it Those Bios screens are beautifull but I cant get to them. I cant get nibitor to do anything but partially read a GPU-Z copy of a Bios even then NIBITOR screen comes up with most fields empty and driver errors. Basicly I Download it I install it and it does nothing. It Never Reads My Card Directly. If I use GPU-Z to create a bios file then nibitor will find it when I tell it where it is and display almost nothing of value I dont even Know if ALL the info of the Bios is on the file from GPU-Z But I think it is it recognizes my card and gives lots of info , driver failure, cant connect, ran as administrator installed as administrator la la la la I ramble but thanks for trying What do you think about my loading an XP OS and doing it all from there Jeez you know that just might work I just thought of that right now. Let me know what you think.

I have done all this before in XP and just recently threw out the floppy discs darn
    But if I am missing something simple let me know cause operator error is a distinct possibility

Thanks

You can try it but the way things are turning out for you. I guess anything is worth a try at this point. Good luck and Happy Holidays
  6. Flashing Fermi era cards has always been rather mixed results from the start. Gpu-z can get the bios off the card with ease but you will likely find your self searching around for Fermi editor if I can remember right.
  7. nforce4max said:
    Flashing Fermi era cards has always been rather mixed results from the start. Gpu-z can get the bios off the card with ease but you will likely find your self searching around for Fermi editor if I can remember right.

Hi all thank you for the links and tips. I have nibitor working now in Win7 32bit Still having a problem finding a version of nvflash that will find my Cards. I have tried 5 or 6 versions they all run in dos but dont find my cards I have the commands right just wont find the cards The only difference between the 2 cards Bioses that I could see was 1 would omly run the fan up too 80%. I will keep trying Cheers
  8. DM186 said:
    I don't know anything about the Nibitor but I found a link to here on tom's hardwear. Maybe this might help or not But I wish you Good luck

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-graphics-card,1916-6.html

How can you not know?
  9. Best answer
    4cpus2hot said:
    Hi all thank you for the links and tips. I have nibitor working now in Win7 32bit Still having a problem finding a version of nvflash that will find my Cards. I have tried 5 or 6 versions they all run in dos but dont find my cards I have the commands right just wont find the cards The only difference between the 2 cards Bioses that I could see was 1 would omly run the fan up too 80%. I will keep trying Cheers

http://www.overclock.net/t/911960/fermi-bios-editor-1-5-5-with-gtx580-support-now-public
  10. nforce4max said:
    How can you not know?

I must of missed that part in A+. It could of been that time I fell asleep. But Not a clue. I know more about it now. You have to start somewhere. Peace to ya
  11. nforce4max said:

Hi all I would like to thank everybody who helped me, the links were great and they helped me make a workaround to accomplish what I set out to do. My goal was to READ my 2 GTX560's different BIOSes and compare them for differences and over volt both of them. Then run 3DMark06 on my CPU Max overclock settings With the cards overclocked and over volted With you're help I succeeded.
    I set out trying this in Win 7 64bit and in the end was unable to do it in 64 bit vista or Win7 I ended up doing it all in Win7 32bit.
    I installed Win7 32bit on a spare hard drive and used all the programs and advice and tips I found on this site and some others. Then I was able to edit and flash the cards one at a time on it, it was successful,
    then i disconnected the win 32 hard drive and reinstalled my SSD with Win7 64bit and checked it all out it worked well.
    I had changed the High voltage on both cards from .9875 to 1.112
    The default fan speed on the cards were different. 1 Was 10% the other was 30% one would not go to 100% so I made them both 30% default and 100% by software
    The end result was a new high score for me in 3DMark06 35611 3dmarks an increase of 170 3dmark points
    The Card temps were under 50c but I changed them to run 100% with the overclocking software.
    I tried 3 different sets of overclocking software and for me the EVGA Precision including VTuner worked best
    I am sure if the Cpu could go faster these cards could handle it

I must note: The voltage used and the temperatures reached were suicidal To better my odds of not burning up I put the computer out on the deck with a cool ocean breeze keeping the idle temps at 17 C. I have used 3DMark06 for years so I know where the heat is generated the most. The 2 Red Valley Tests really pump up the heat but they are relatively short, so I decided to gamble. The highest recorded voltage was 1.756 the highest temps was 98c, all cores were in the 90's. I had disabled temp monitoring so it would not shut off.
    I KNOW this is not a stable overclock by any means but it was my goal to complete 3DMark06 as fast as it could 1 time
    It will run at a more reasonable 4.8ghz. My chip isnt one of the best chips that can attain 5ghz with low voltage and fine tuned settings It took me 3 weeks to methodically work up to that high a voltage I went passed the point where fine tunning made any difference without more voltage many times and went to more voltage because it kept taking it and going faster.
    My settings? well everything that can be on extreme is on it, unless you can go faster manually. anything energy saving is off, cpu spread is off,speedstep is off Multi 49 BSCLK 105.6

Thanks Again
    4cpus2hot

Asus P8Z68-V-Pro BIOS 1101
    i5 2500K cpu @ 5176
    2x4 Gb Kingston Hyper X 16000 DDR3
    2x GeForce GTX560 Sli
    Cooler Master silent pro 850 watt PS
    Kandalf VD4000 water cooling case Cpu Only
    Samsung 42" LCD
  12. Best answer selected by 4cpus2hot.
Ask a new question

Read More