Xbox Newbie Mod Questions?

Susan

I have a factory sealed refurbished Xbox manufactured 7-10-04 on hold.
Over the phone I could not learn what version it actually is or if it
matters except the manufacture date.

As far as what mods I buy and install myself, is there anything in
particular I _need_ to be aware of as to what version Xbox I buy?

Any reservations on buying a refurbished unit as opposed to a brand new
one? Since I am modding it, warranty differences are not an issue.

At this point in time I would like to use the Xbox to play DVD movies.
Will what mod chip I get affect playing a DVD movie?

Is there a definitive Xbox mod forum or newsgroup to consider beyond this
newsgroup?

Thanks. Right now I feel like I am in to big a hurry to do this and should
pass on this particular one and wait and learn some more details.

Mike

Splendid

most likely a 1.6
www.xbox-scene.com
doesn't matter if you take that one or wait, you will most likely end up
with a 1.6
if you bought a used one, you could get anything