Help Me for Motherboard & Memory for overclock system

Hi every one

I am half way to go for new system.

I GOT: CPU (I5-2500k)/ Intel 160 SSD+WD-1T black/ XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan/ Antec neo 600W PS/MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

This system I will build it for my Son he can play the latest game.

Som one advice me to get this main board GA-Z68XP-UD3P ($189)
I look at GB web for memory I can not find any memory list for 16G 2x8 for this board.

I need some help to get memory good for overclock with this board GA-Z68XP-UD3P, or another board better than this for overclock.

Also I looking for the case with front USB3 under $100.

Please help
7 answers Last reply
More about help motherboard memory overclock system
  1. well if you get the asus maximus IV extreme-z z68 ROG board it has an option that oc's your cpu to 4.6 and adjusts all the voltages youd need to adjust in just a 2 or 3 clicks and the g.skill ripjaws x series 8gb 1600 mhz is good ram
  2. I have the UD3P and it's been an excellent board so far.

    The problem with the aforementioned Maximus IV is that it's a micro ATX board and it will severely limit your long-term expansion options. It's a good board but I really hesitate to recommend it for that reason.
  3. xtremegamer2da-max said:
    well if you get the asus maximus IV extreme-z z68 ROG board it has an option that oc's your cpu to 4.6 and adjusts all the voltages youd need to adjust in just a 2 or 3 clicks and the g.skill ripjaws x series 8gb 1600 mhz is good ram


    Man this board cost too much $389
  4. jimmyt58 said:
    Man this board cost too much $389


    I think this is the one he's referring to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131806

    But if it's this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131700 - yeah that is too much money. :ouch:

    I'd stick with the Gigabyte personally - I don't like Micro ATX just for the limited expansion options. One of these would be far better choices:

    - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128506
    - Asus P8Z68-V Deluxe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131701
  5. Ok I will stick with this GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68
    Is this mother boad easy to overclock?
    which memory work good for overclock with this board?
    Do I need 16G memory or 8G memory that good enough?
    Is this memory good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445
  6. Quote:
    Is this mother boad easy to overclock?


    It's fairly easy - Gigabyte includes a utility called "TouchBIOS" which is a hybrid UEFI interface that allows you to tweak the BIOS from Windows.

    Quote:
    which memory work good for overclock with this board?


    This is one of the best overall brands on the market for RAM - I've used plenty of theirs and had 0 issues with it:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544

    The only thing is when you do overclock - be sure to set your RAM speeds to stock and do not go over - if you overclock your RAM beyond the maximum speed it can handle or set your memory multipliers and voltage beyond what it can handle that has the potential to be very dangerous, like fry your whole system bad. Tread very carefully when you overclock.

    Quote:
    Do I need 16G memory or 8G memory that good enough?


    Depends on what your primary use is - if you're going to be using it for gaming 8GB is plenty. If you're going to be using, say, After Effects or any video editing and rendering software, you'll need at least 16GB. The Gigabyte UD3P supports up to 32GB with the latest BIOS (F6).
  7. g-unit1111 said:
    Quote:
    Is this mother boad easy to overclock?


    It's fairly easy - Gigabyte includes a utility called "TouchBIOS" which is a hybrid UEFI interface that allows you to tweak the BIOS from Windows.

    Quote:
    which memory work good for overclock with this board?


    This is one of the best overall brands on the market for RAM - I've used plenty of theirs and had 0 issues with it:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544

    The only thing is when you do overclock - be sure to set your RAM speeds to stock and do not go over - if you overclock your RAM beyond the maximum speed it can handle or set your memory multipliers and voltage beyond what it can handle that has the potential to be very dangerous, like fry your whole system bad. Tread very carefully when you overclock.

    Quote:
    Do I need 16G memory or 8G memory that good enough?


    Depends on what your primary use is - if you're going to be using it for gaming 8GB is plenty. If you're going to be using, say, After Effects or any video editing and rendering software, you'll need at least 16GB. The Gigabyte UD3P supports up to 32GB with the latest BIOS (F6).


    Thank You So much for your help.

    Do you know any web with tutorial show how to set up for overclock?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Overclocking Memory Systems Product