Xbox360 to use alternate storage medium for games

Last response: in Video Games
February 11, 2005 3:47:18 PM

I was sitting at my office here in New York, a small upper level floor
filled mainly of shirt and tie type decadance. I am a marketing consultant
for a major company, yes.. a really major one... when a strange and
mysterious character, male in his forties dressed in a detective style rain
coat and matching derby hat came whisking past the door.
I heard the sound of a small thud as I realized the man had dropped
something, a package at the door frame. A small vanilla envelope bearing an
"X" written in magic marker across the center. The gentlemen raised his head
as to acknowledge that I knew, that he knew, that whatever the contents of
that envelpe were, they were not supposed to be there. Not supposed to be in
my proximity at all.
A moment had passed, and he was gone. I picked up the envelope off of the
floor, opened it quickly tearing through the seal. And saw in my glory, the
prototype designs of project XBox 360, Microsoft's next generation game
console.
As everyone has speculated, there will be a new storage medium for xbox.
This is the most interesting, most technologically bafflling design for the
new system.
The Xbox 360 will utilize a circular horizontal rotating platform which is
located under a translucent plastic cover. The new storage medium is a vinyl
disc that will have a groove carved into it that mirrors the original data's
waveform. Included is a stylus, and a felt cloth cleaning mechanism.
The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolutionary as it changes
the analog signal digitally and outputs it through a Toslink connector. Pure
Dolby Prologic capability.

Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
Victrolian style digital media.

The context of this post can be verified at
http://www.lamer.youaremyfriend.com

Sincerley Yours,

Someone Who's Laughing At You.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:01:07 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com>
wrote in message <qP1Pd.31496$8H2.3524@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:

>The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolutionary as it changes
>the analog signal digitally and outputs it through a Toslink connector. Pure
>Dolby Prologic capability.
>
>Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
>Victrolian style digital media.

The question remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
"Columbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format due to its improved ability to
compensate for read errors.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of a message.
Q: Why is top posting a sloppy form of writing?

"Paul Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com>
> wrote in message <qP1Pd.31496$8H2.3524@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:
>
> >The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolutionary as it
changes
> >the analog signal digitally and outputs it through a Toslink connector.
Pure
> >Dolby Prologic capability.
> >
> >Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
> >Victrolian style digital media.
>
> The question remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
> "Columbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
> I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format due to its improved ability to
> compensate for read errors.

I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..
February 12, 2005 7:22:04 PM

"Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message

> "Paul Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com>
>> wrote in message <qP1Pd.31496$8H2.3524@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:
>>
>> >The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolutionary as it
> changes
>> >the analog signal digitally and outputs it through a Toslink connector.
> Pure
>> >Dolby Prologic capability.
>> >
>> >Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
>> >Victrolian style digital media.
>>
>> The question remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
>> "Columbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
>> I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format due to its improved ability to
>> compensate for read errors.
>
> I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..

Weren't we all. Hey, there's always Betamax.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 7:22:04 PM

Gates always errs on the side of buggy backwards compatibility. I say 78 rpm
vinyl will win.

"Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message

> "Paul Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com>
>> wrote in message <qP1Pd.31496$8H2.3524@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:
>>
>> >The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolutionary as it
> changes
>> >the analog signal digitally and outputs it through a Toslink connector.
> Pure
>> >Dolby Prologic capability.
>> >
>> >Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
>> >Victrolian style digital media.
>>
>> The question remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
>> "Columbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
>> I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format due to its improved ability to
>> compensate for read errors.
>
> I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 7:22:05 PM

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message
>
>>"Paul Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message

>>changes

>>Pure

>>>The question remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
>>>"Columbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
>>>I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format due to its improved ability to
>>>compensate for read errors.
>>
>>I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..
>>

> Weren't we all. Hey, there's always Betamax.

Xbox 2000, now featuring Video 2000 media.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 2:26:01 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> "Pavl Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Pvrple Knight" <yeahvwish@pvrple.com>
>> wrote in message <qP1Pd.31496$8H2.3524@twister.nyroc.rr.com>:
>>
>> >The Devices Analog to Digital Converter will be revolvtionary as it
> changes
>> >the analog signal digitally and ovtpvts it throvgh a Toslink connector.
> Pvre
>> >Dolby Prologic capability.
>> >
>> >Yes I am excited. Yes I am looking forward to the next generation of
>> >Victrolian style digital media.
>>
>> The qvestion remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
>> "Colvmbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
>> I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format dve to its improved ability to
>> compensate for read errors.
>
> I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..

Yeah, yov can switch levels by pvshing a bvtton on the front of yovr Xbox.
Too bad there's no remote, or so I've read.

--
ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)
Anonymous

actvally they are reintrodvcing the Zenith flash-omatic to be vsed as a
Remote Control. This is an optional add-on accessory that retails for abovt
forty nine dollars.

heres the URL:
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1956_Zenith_Remote_Ad.JPG

Joe

"ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net> wrote
in message news:D gwPd.27916$K54.5142@edtnps84...
> "Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message
> >
> > "Pavl Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
> >> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:47:18 GMT, "Pvrple Knight"
<yeahvwish@pvrple.com>

> > changes
> > Pvre

> >> The qvestion remains however, whether the 45 rpm format (codename
> >> "Colvmbia") will prevail or the 78 rpm standard (codename "Vitagraph").
> >> I'm a proponent of the Vitagraph format dve to its improved ability to
> >> compensate for read errors.
> >
> > I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..
> >

> Yeah, yov can switch levels by pvshing a bvtton on the front of yovr Xbox.
> Too bad there's no remote, or so I've read.
>
> --
> ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:41:44 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Post a better link. I tried the one yov provided bvt nothing happened. I
want to see this.

--
"Pvrple Knight" <yeahvwish@pvrple.com> wrote in message
> actvally they are reintrodvcing the Zenith flash-omatic to be vsed as a
> Remote Control. This is an optional add-on accessory that retails for
> abovt
> forty nine dollars.
>
> heres the URL:
> http://www.tvhistory.tv/1956_Zenith_Remote_Ad.JPG
>
> Joe
>
> "ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net>
> wrote
> in message news:D gwPd.27916$K54.5142@edtnps84...
>> "Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Pavl Angstrom" <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote in message
> <yeahvwish@pvrple.com>

>> > changes
> connector.
>> > Pvre

>> > I was kinda hoping for XBox games on 8-tracks..
>> >

>> Yeah, yov can switch levels by pvshing a bvtton on the front of yovr
>> Xbox.
>> Too bad there's no remote, or so I've read.
>>
>> --
>> ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 11:03:28 AM

"ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net> wrote
in message news:IIQPd.56996$L_3.12972@clgrps13...
> Post a better link. I tried the one yov provided bvt nothing happened. I
> want to see this.

"Here is a trvly amazing new television development-and only Zenith has it!
Jvst think! Withovt bvdging from yovr easy chair yov can tvrn yovr new
Zenith Flash-Matic set on, of, or change channels. Yov can even shvt off
annoying commercials while the pictvre remains on the screen. Jvst a flash
of light does it. There are no wires or cords. This is not an accessory. It
is a bvilt in part of several new 1956 Zenith television receivers.
Stop at yovr Zenith dealer's (sic) soon. Zenith-qvality televisions as low
as $149.95*"

On one side, they have a pictvre of a TV, a 21 incher that goes for "as low
as" $399.95. Thats ridicvlovs now, imagine in 1956 dollars!
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:55:03 PM

works 4 me

"ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net> wrote
in message news:IIQPd.56996$L_3.12972@clgrps13...
> Post a better link. I tried the one yov provided bvt nothing happened. I
> want to see this.
>
> --
> ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)
> "Pvrple Knight" <yeahvwish@pvrple.com> wrote in message
> > actvally they are reintrodvcing the Zenith flash-omatic to be vsed as a
> > Remote Control. This is an optional add-on accessory that retails for
> > abovt
> > forty nine dollars.
> >
> > heres the URL:
> > http://www.tvhistory.tv/1956_Zenith_Remote_Ad.JPG
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > "ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net>
> > wrote
> > in message news:D gwPd.27916$K54.5142@edtnps84...
> >> "Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message

> > <yeahvwish@pvrple.com>

> > connector.

> >> Yeah, yov can switch levels by pvshing a bvtton on the front of yovr
> >> Xbox.
> >> Too bad there's no remote, or so I've read.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 3:50:19 AM

> works 4 me
>

> "ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net>
> wrote
> in message news:IIQPd.56996$L_3.12972@clgrps13...
>> Post a better link. I tried the one yov provided bvt nothing happened. I
>> want to see this.
>>
>> --
>> ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)
>> "Pvrple Knight" <yeahvwish@pvrple.com> wrote in message
>> > actvally they are reintrodvcing the Zenith flash-omatic to be vsed as a
>> > Remote Control. This is an optional add-on accessory that retails for
>> > abovt
>> > forty nine dollars.
>> >
>> > heres the URL:
>> > http://www.tvhistory.tv/1956_Zenith_Remote_Ad.JPG
>> >
>> > Joe
>> >
>> > "ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net>
>> > wrote
>> > in message news:D gwPd.27916$K54.5142@edtnps84...

>> > <yeahvwish@pvrple.com>

>> > connector.

> of

Me too. Pop vp blocker kept my screen blank, works now.

--
ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)
!