Cant install windows 7

Specs: Zotac Z68 itx motherboard
i7 2600k
8gb ram
570gtx
wd 2tb black
silverstone 450w psu

So when I went to install windows 7 it will load the files but during the next splash screen, where you see the orbs and the flag, it will freeze. Nothing works. i've tried swapping sata cables, using a different harddrive, a 32 bit and a 64bit cd, and a different dvd reader but to no avail. Can someone suggest something please? I'm really frustrated!
8 answers Last reply
More about cant install windows
  1. darr2121 said:
    Specs: Zotac Z68 itx motherboard
    i7 2600k
    8gb ram
    570gtx
    wd 2tb black
    silverstone 450w psu

So when I went to install windows 7 it will load the files but during the next splash screen, where you see the orbs and the flag, it will freeze. Nothing works. i've tried swapping sata cables, using a different harddrive, a 32 bit and a 64bit cd, and a different dvd reader but to no avail. Can someone suggest something please? I'm really frustrated!

where did you buy both cd's from?
  2. Is this a brand new build?
  3. de5_Roy said:
    where did you buy both cd's from?

I got the 64bit from the student deal and the 32bit from an OEM disk.
  4. egutierrez91 said:
    Is this a brand new build?

Yes, it is. :)
  5. 450 watt PS for your video card is low:

Minimum Recommended System Power (W)5 550 W, right from Nvidia's site.
  6. The PSU is a bit small but I wouldn't expect the 450 watts to be exceeded during a Windows install. When I see your problem, the issue is usually memory related.
  7. Take out some of the RAM (leave in 4GB) and use the integrated gfx on your mobo during the install. Only thing I can think of is something wrong with your RAM or HDD.
  8. I had the same "freeze" when I first loaded W7 in a new build. Ended up leaving the system on in that state overnight. Woke up, and W7 was loaded up to the next prompt. After that, re-installs never had that issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7