500 - 700 HTPC/Gaming PC

darvondoom

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP today/tomorrow perferably

Budget Range: 500 - 700 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Watching and encoding Movies, Gaming, Internet browsing

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, Amazon, Microcenter (if I can order online)

Parts Preferences: I'm defintely feeling the i5 2500k It's gotten so many reccomendations

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: not now maybe later

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: would prefer a white case / aluminum looking case

striker410

Distinguished
Hi there! Welcome to the forums.

First off, thank you for filling out the form. Makes it easier on me.

Second, why the 2500k? You list the most important use as watching and encoding movies, followed by gaming. With a budget this low that's a very difficult goal. I'd suggest you look around and try and piece together your ideal build, since you already have an idea of what you want.

I advise you check out this thread here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/337086-31-need-budget-gaming I made a build for someone with similar requirements, the build might translate rather well.

darvondoom

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Well In reality since I got my taxes I can spend up to 1000 but I'm trying to get the most power for the least amount of cost, I really own use my desktop for mostly HTPC, Encoding videos, Photoshop and a game every once in a while. Plus I still wanna buy a laptop I can take on the go.

TRENDING THREADS