Sign in with
Your question

Is this computer worth the price?

Last response: in Systems
February 22, 2012 5:55:24 PM

I've been looking around the local stores as well as doing some online shopping and I was leaning towards an HP dm1 at $379, but when i was in best buy today i came across a notebook that had these specs.

14 inch screen
4 GB DDR3 Ram
AMD A6 Quad Core Processor
500 GB
Looking around 6-7 hours of battery life.
All for $429

So my question is is this reasonable or even a good price, and also is their a computer online that may have better specs for a same or better price. Any suggestions or comments? Please and thank you.

More about : computer worth price

February 22, 2012 6:13:17 PM

The real question is, what's your budget and what do you plan on doing with it?

Do you need a laptop, or a desktop?
m
l
February 22, 2012 6:19:35 PM

You could find A8 laptops that are priced at or under 500. The added gfx power would help for your gaming, otherwise it's not a bad price but i feel you can find better if you search enough as i think i saw some a6 laptops just under 400 :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2012 6:20:29 PM

Chainzsaw said:
The real question is, what's your budget and what do you plan on doing with it?

Do you need a laptop, or a desktop?

I'm shopping for a student computer, word processing, movie streaming, and very basic gaming. I know this system can handle those things. The question is, rather, is it reasonably priced, and is there anything that is comparable or better at the same price that is more highly recommended.
m
l
February 22, 2012 6:22:08 PM

omega21xx said:
You could find A8 laptops that are priced at or under 500. The added gfx power would help for your gaming, otherwise it's not a bad price but i feel you can find better if you search enough as i think i saw some a6 laptops just under 400 :) 

What would be the best company to pick up an A8 powered laptop from for such a price?
m
l
February 22, 2012 6:45:55 PM

the price for A6 system looks reasonable. As far as whether it's better than dm1, yes A6 (quad core) is better than E450 (dual core).

as far newegg, you didn't say which specific A6 model is it, but any A6 the laptops go from $800-402, so 429 is a good price.
m
l
February 22, 2012 6:55:12 PM

The A6 you selected would be a good choice, it will do light gaming - but everything else well. It's a decent price for what it is as well.
m
l
February 22, 2012 7:01:17 PM

omega21xx said:

there's only one I can find
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

anything else that's non-refurb is a lot higher than $500 and definitely not sub-500 for A8 system (If you can provide a link, showing otherwise I'd be obliged)
m
l
February 22, 2012 7:08:21 PM

AntiZig said:
there's only one I can find
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

anything else that's non-refurb is a lot higher than $500 and definitely not sub-500 for A8 system (If you can provide a link, showing otherwise I'd be obliged)

Already did, the first link was new $499.99 with free shipping. It may not be under 500 exactly, but I did say at or under.
m
l
!